• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #32] Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers — Do Ya Get That, Tortsie?

Phil

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #32 — 12/17/22

NYR Logo Reflection @ Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: NBCSP, MSG
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comflyers.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

16-10-5 (37 Points)

4th — Metropolitan

7-6-4

9-4-1

1-1

6-3-1

W5

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+10 (10th)

3.06 (19th)

2.74 (8th)

23.5% (12th)

80.7% (9th)

51.6% (10th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Mika Zibanejad (15)

Artemi Panarin (29)

Artemi Panarin (35)

Chris Kreider (+9)

Jacob Trouba (37)

Adam Fox (25:05)

Mika Zibanejad (20:51)

Starting Lineup:^

Artemi Panarin A / Mika Zibanejad A / Barclay Goodrow A
Alexis Lafrenière  / Filip Chytil / Kaapo Kakko
Chris Kreider / Vincent Trocheck / Jimmy Vesey
Vitali Kravtsov/ Jonny Brodzinski / Julien Gauthier

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller / Jacob Trouba C
Ben Harpur / Braden Schneider

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

15-4-4

Healthy Scratches:

Sammy Blais, Libor Hajek

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

None

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

10-14-7 (27 Points)

7th — Atlantic

6-8-1

4-6-6

0-1

3-5-2

W1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-26 (23rd)

2.39 (30th)

3.19 (19th)

16.1% (28th)

75.0% (23rd)

46.4% (26th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Travis Konecny (12)

Kevin Hayes (20)

Kevin Hayes (30)

James van Riemsdyk (+6)

Nicolas Deslauries (62)

Tony DeAngelo (24:19)

Travis Konecny (20:08)

Starting Lineup:^

Kevin Hayes A / Noah Cates / Travis Konecny
James van Riemsdyk / Morgan Frost / Owen Tippett
Olle Lycksell / Scott Laughton A / Joel Farabee
Nicolas Deslauriers / Lukas Sedlak / Zack MacEwen

Ivan Provorov / Rasmus Ristolainen
Travis Sanheim / Justin Braun
Nick Seeler / Cam York

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Carter Hart

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

9-8-6

Healthy Scratches:

N/A

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Cam Atkinson [DTD] — Upper-body injury

Max Willman [DTD] — Upper-body injury
Patrick Brown [DTD] — Upper-body injury

Tony DeAngelo [IR] — Given non-roster status as he deals with personal issue
Ryan Ellis [IR] — Will not play in 2022-23
Wade Allison [IR] — Oblique muscle strain and hip pointer injury
Sean Couturier A [IR] — Back revision surgery; Out 3-4 months since October 29

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“The mood has been a little better in here. Obviously, that might be a result of getting a few wins. But we’re in high spirits right now and going into every game it feels like we’re going to win. We talked about, I think [Chris Kreider] used the term ‘stacking wins,’ and it’s five in a row now. Got a few more before Christmas break and we’re looking to finish strong.” 

— Jimmy Vesey

GIF to BELIEVE:

Vamos Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer
  • Thanks 1

"The mood has been a little better in here. Obviously, that might be a result of getting a few wins. But we’re in high spirits right now and going into every game it feels like we’re going to win. We talked about, I think [Chris Kreider] used the term ‘stacking wins,’ and it’s five in a row now. Got a few more before Christmas break and we’re looking to finish strong.” 

— Jimmy Vesey

The room has realized you're staying and your more serviceable than the guy they waived to keep you. They do still think you're a snobby entitled cunt and don't really care for you.  But..... 

Hey, atleast you get to hang with Hayes all day and probably after the game. Atleast he likes you. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

The room has realized you're staying and your more serviceable than the guy they waived to keep you. They do still think you're a snobby entitled cunt and don't really care for you.  But..... 

Hey, atleast you get to hang with Hayes all day and probably after the game. Atleast he likes you. 

You're just mad cuz Vesey is better than Gauthier. 

• LMFAO 2

11 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Accountability is odd? Six games ago we were clamoring for some. Good on Torts for having the balls.

Accountability? He leads the team in scoring. Outside of Konecny, the next person has less than half the amount of points.

I get accountability. But let’s put it in perspective alittle too, alright?

And I love Torts. Don’t get me wrong, I do. But sometimes, he does things like this for shock value when it does nothing to help the team. The Flyers are literally at the bottom of the league when it comes to goals for. Benching your leading scorer is going to help in that regard? Come on. He can have points to make, but one like this does nothing but alienate players.

This has been coming for a bit, he played under 10 mins against NJ in their last game, pushed down the lineup almost to the locker room. He sat the entire 3rd period. Now either he's banged up or it's a wakeup call because he hasn't seen the writing on the wall.

Edited by jsrangers

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Accountability? He leads the team in scoring. Outside of Konecny, the next person has less than half the amount of points.

I get accountability. But let’s put it in perspective alittle too, alright?

And I love Torts. Don’t get me wrong, I do. But sometimes, he does things like this for shock value when it does nothing to help the team. The Flyers are literally at the bottom of the league when it comes to goals for. Benching your leading scorer is going to help in that regard? Come on. He can have points to make, but one like this does nothing but alienate players.

Okay, sure, let's put it into perspective. It's very easy to infer what Torts is communicating with this move. Hayes, despite being their best scorer, is neglecting other parts of his game. So while it sucks that they lose his offense, what does it say if Torts allows one player to cheat while he's trying to get every one else on the same page? 

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Okay, sure, let's put it into perspective. It's very easy to infer what Torts is communicating with this move. Hayes, despite being their best scorer, is neglecting other parts of his game. So while it sucks that they lose his offense, what does it say if Torts allows one player to cheat while he's trying to get every one else on the same page? 

It’s a rebuilding team. Hayes, maybe earlier in his career, sometimes coasted. Now? Not so much. Go read Twitter or any Flyer message board. They don’t see the need for it either.

Hayes has been a good soldier in a shitty spot there. Doing this reeks less of what you said and more of trying to get the team to get going.

Again, I love Torts. But for a team that should be unofficially losing for a spot in the Bedard sweepstakes, this was an awkward hire. Because at some point, all the losing was going to get to him and he was going to go mad scientist, which it appears he is here. 

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Long live the King said:

Easy to scratch your leading scorer when you're in the running for Bedard.  Harder when you're in a wild card spot.

There are other forms of accountability other than scratching. Gallant is just the other extreme where discipline doesn't come very easily from him. Micheletti remarked at one point during their losing streak that "Gallant doesn't like benching players for long." 

3 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Hayes has contributed to 40% of the Flyers goals this year. For a team dying for offensive production judging by where they sit when it comes to goals for per game, I’d say sitting a guy who has contributed to 40% of your teams goals is a bit of an odd move. I’m not saying Kevin Hayes is a perfect player; he isn’t. But this is a shock move to shake things up and nothing more IMO.