• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Carpenter Clears Waivers; Assigned to HFD

leetchy2

• Phil changed the title to Ryan Carpenter on Waivers
14 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

They took a flyer on him for a year at $750K and did so with limited cap space.

It didn’t work.

Its fine

Move on

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup. Reliable, cheap fourth-line center that should have worked but didn't. Shit happens.

Yup, no harm, no foul....fuck it...let's roll forward.

Liking Johnny B. "Good" for now though.  He's showing me some solid energy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yup, no harm, no foul....fuck it...let's roll forward.

Liking Johnny B. "Good" for now though.  He's showing me some solid energy.

Brodzinski has brought that energy each time he is brought up. I was hoping he was going to get that spot on opening night. Hope he secures it for the rest of the ride!

Johnny B Good.....love it!

• VINNY! 1

39 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Brodzinski has brought that energy each time he is brought up. I was hoping he was going to get that spot on opening night. Hope he secures it for the rest of the ride!

Johnny B Good.....love it!

We had another pretty decent energy player in training camp that was playing 4th line center...Rydahl.  I liked the way he was playing too.

Even though I liked Rooney, I don't think we need him any longer.  I'm hoping we can solve some bottom six gaps from within now.

• Like 1

There are a number of good defensive players who were originally groomed as scorers due to their speed, did not pan out as such, but gradually developed into defensive roles relatively late in their careers.  JBrod might be one of them.  Stick with him for a while.  If Carpenter hadn't had the Friend of Gallant card, he wouldn't have played over JBrod to begin with.

I'm not saying that JBrod can be a Wes Walz, but he was a great study.  After failing in the NHL as a speedy scorer, he was exiled to Europe for five years.  He came back to the first Wild training camp, Lemaire took one look at him and said "I can mold him" (in broken English).   Mold him he did, into a Selke finalist. 

Edited by Sod16

• Phil changed the title to Ryan Carpenter Clears Waivers; Assigned to HFD