• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #26] Rangers vs Chicago Blackhawks — End the Pain

Drew a Penalty

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #26 — 12/3/22

NYR Logo Reflection vs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:30 PM
TV: MSG, TSN5, RDS
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comblackhawks.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

11-9-5 (27 Points)

5th — Metropolitan

4-5-4

7-4-1

0-1

4-4-2

OT1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+3 (13th)

2.96 (20th)

2.80 (10th)

20.2% (22nd)

82.9% (5th)

52.9% (5th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Mika Zibanejad (12)

Artemi Panarin, Adam Fox (20)

Adam Fox, Artemi Panarin, Mika Zibanejad (26)

Adam Fox, Chris Kreider (+8)

Ryan Lindgren (25)

Adam Fox (25:11)

Mika Zibanejad (21:00)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Jimmy Vesey
Artemi Panarin A  / Filip Chytil / Vitali Kravtsov
Alexis Lafrenière / Vincent Trocheck / Kaapo Kakko
Sammy Blais / Barclay Goodrow A / Julien Gauthier

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller / Braden Schneider
Libor Hajek / Jacob Trouba C

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Jaroslav Halak

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

1-7-1

Healthy Scratches:

Ryan Carpenter, Zac Jones

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

N/A

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

6-12-4 (16 Points)

8th — Central

4-7-2

2-5-2

0-2

1-7-2

L2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-27 (31st)

2.55 (30th)

3.68 (28th)

22.9% (15th)

74.0% (24th)

41.4% (32nd)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Jonathan Toews (8)

Patrick Kane (14)

Patrick Kane (17)

Jake McCabe (+4)

Max Domi (33)

Seth Jones (25:05)

Patrick Kane (20:05)

Starting Lineup:^

Andreas Athanasiou / Jonathan Toews C / Patrick Kane A
Philipp Kurashev / Max Domi / Taylor Raddysh
Jujhar Khaira / Jason Dickinson / Colin Blackwell
Boris Katchouk / Mackenzie Entwistle / Reese Johnson

Jack Johnson / Seth Jones A
Filip Roos / Connor Murphy A
Jake McCabe / Caleb Jones

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Arvid Soderblom

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

2-5-2

Healthy Scratches:

Ian Mitchell, Sam Lafferty

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Alex Stalock [IR] — Upper-body injury
Tyler Johnson [IR] — Ankle injury

Jarred Tinordi [IR] — Hip injury

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

"Wasn’t good enough. We had two chances in overtime, but we didn’t play well enough to even be there to be honest with you."

— Gerard Gallant

Alright, You Son of a Bitch, This is My Cab! Out!  :

image.gif

• Thanks 1
  • LMFAO 1

GG is not going anywhere. This team has to have a complete breakdown. Lose like 12 out of 15 games or something drastic for him to go. This team sucks not but it's not all on him. They just got to get back to the way they were playing last year. It starts with the guy in charge but this falls on the players. They are skating and shooting the puck and passing and hitting, not GG.

9 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

GG is not going anywhere. This team has to have a complete breakdown. Lose like 12 out of 15 games or something drastic for him to go. This team sucks not but it's not all on him. They just got to get back to the way they were playing last year. It starts with the guy in charge but this falls on the players. They are skating and shooting the puck and passing and hitting, not GG.

They've on won 8 of their last 21 games.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

They've on won 8 of their last 21 games.

I'm talking about from this point on. Within the last week fans started to want GG gone. No one wanted him gone when the season started. The players better figure this out. Luckily we just got passed the quarter part of the season. 

1 minute ago, NYRangers93 said:

I'm talking about from this point on. Within the last week fans started to want GG gone. No one wanted him gone when the season started. The players better figure this out. Luckily we just got passed the quarter part of the season. 

I pretty much I wanted him gone after he made the mind boggling decision of starting Halak over Shesterkin vs Columbus. 

43 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

This last month has in fact been  a complete breakdown. 

I wouldn’t say they don’t give a shit. It looks that way but I don’t believe it to be true. I just think it’s a fragile minded group right now with no answers.

I expected that getting the experience they got last spring would fortify them as a group to know they can overcome bad stretches. But it’s just not there. I understand there’s issues from top to bottom from structure to coaching to playing a full 60. But they can’t begin to fix any of that until that room becomes less like sulking pussies and more like experienced pros.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wouldn’t say they don’t give a shit. It looks that way but I don’t believe it to be true. I just think it’s a fragile minded group right now with no answers.

I expected that getting the experience they got last spring would fortify them as a group to know they can overcome bad stretches. But it’s just not there. I understand there’s issues from top to bottom from structure to coaching to playing a full 60. But they can’t begin to fix any of that until that room becomes less like sulking pussies and more like experienced pros.

It's confusion, they don't know where to skate so they meander. 

Halak tonight??

I'm trying to contemplate: our defensive zone coverage + no forecheck + our inability to score + being unable to get pucks out of our own zone....This could very well be hitting rock bottom tonight.

It's kinda like watching a jet plane nose-diving into a mountain wall....I'm waiting to see what the explosion is going to look like!  LOL

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Halak tonight??

I'm trying to contemplate: our defensive zone coverage + no forecheck + our inability to score + being unable to get pucks out of our own zone....This could very well be hitting rock bottom tonight.

It's kinda like watching a jet plane nose-diving into a mountain wall....I'm waiting to see what the explosion is going to look like!  LOL

Probably 

Igor was good last night ,other than the OT goal but I could see Gallant going to HALAK.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Halak tonight??

Is this "rock bottom", or "mountain wall"?  It's not like it makes a difference...

giphy.gif

• VINNY! 1

28 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

Score first. and I would like to think I know hockey, but can we attack the puck when it's in our d zone instead of skating in circles waiting to see what our opponents will do with it? Same on the PK. Attack the puck! It drives me crazy

Fuck leads. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1