• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #19] Rangers @ San Jose Sharks — 'Smile, you son of a bitch!'

Morphinity 2.0

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Not outright disappointing as they aren’t net zero players, but I don’t think expectations have been misplaced. They were appropriately high for #1/#2 overall picks. Lowering them is a coping mechanism.

5 stages of grief

1) denial

2) anger

3) bargaining

4) depression

5) acceptance

For Lafreniere, I’m still on step 1. I don’t believe this is what he’ll be. I went through the same stage with Kakko, but this time I know it’s different 🥴

For Kakko, I’m working through step 3 but almost out of it. I’ve negotiated with my expectations. 80 pt power forward down to a 15 goal 30-35 pt two way forward. 2nd round pick trade value. I’m almost through it. As a Rangers fan, handling depression is what we’re best at, so I’m not really worried about step 4. I’ll just hop right to stage 5 and accept he’s just a non-physical but defensively responsible 3rd line player who is worth a 2nd round pick.

Chytil wasn’t even a high pick and I’m stuck on stage 1. IDGAF. Fuck all ya’ll.

I’m on 4 with Kakko and I’ll probably be there forever. Never been so dissapointed with a player before.

I had high expectations for Laf aswell, but after Kakko’s brutal 1st season I knew anything could happen. I guess I’m at 2 with him now. Angry at him, angry at Gallant and angry at the org…

Agree on Chytil, he was a late 1st and is the best of the 3. No complaints with him at the moment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Not outright disappointing as they aren’t net zero players, but I don’t think expectations have been misplaced. They were appropriately high for #1/#2 overall picks. Lowering them is a coping mechanism.

5 stages of grief

1) denial

2) anger

3) bargaining

4) depression

5) acceptance

For Lafreniere, I’m still on step 1. I don’t believe this is what he’ll be. I went through the same stage with Kakko, but this time I know it’s different 🥴

For Kakko, I’m working through step 3 but almost out of it. I’ve negotiated with my expectations. 80 pt power forward down to a 15 goal 30-35 pt two way forward. 2nd round pick trade value. I’m almost through it. As a Rangers fan, handling depression is what we’re best at, so I’m not really worried about step 4. I’ll just hop right to stage 5 and accept he’s just a non-physical but defensively responsible 3rd line player who is worth a 2nd round pick.

Yeah

i get it.

But you’re viewing through the lens of the normal 1-2 OVA pick

Which means, 16-18 minutes a night plus PP1 time from the jump. Without qualification.

None of them have gotten that.

Plus pandemic

And bubble

And coaching change.

So seriously… That evaluation is worth nothing. 

You wanna trade them?

Fine.

But you’ll watch them go elsewhere, receive patience, and excel. And then regret it. 

Mark my words.

21 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I’m on 4 with Kakko and I’ll probably be there forever. Never been so dissapointed with a player before.

I had high expectations for Laf aswell, but after Kakko’s brutal 1st season I knew anything could happen. I guess I’m at 2 with him now. Angry at him, angry at Gallant and angry at the org…

Agree on Chytil, he was a late 1st and is the best of the 3. No complaints with him at the moment.

Congrats on reaching stage 4 with Kakko! Pick up your medallion on the way out

71h5a9jogZL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yeah

i get it.

Which means, 16-18 minutes a night plus PP1 time from the jump. Without qualification.

Plus pandemic

And bubble

And coaching change.

You wanna trade them?

Fine.

But you’ll watch them go elsewhere, receive patience, and excel. And then regret it. 

Mark my words.

Stage 1. I feel your pain bro

• LOL 1

27 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yeah

i get it.

Plus pandemic

And bubble

And coaching change.

You wanna trade them?

Fine.

Mark my words.

I still think Kakko is on the Blake Wheeler path, you can literally see his confidence coming on the ice.

Lafreniere is does not pass the eyeball test in any way. He doesn't "look" like he's moving the needle. There is nothing he does better today than he did as a rookie. Kakko is different.

Chytil is looking like he's shaking cobwebs off and is ready to do ... something... But IMO he's just as likely to:

1. Go on a 10 game heater
  2. Go scoreless for 10 games
  3. Get hurt

None of those would shock me, and IMO they are all equal likelihood of happening. If @rmc51 wants to battle, you know where to find me.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

5 stages of grief

1) denial

2) anger

3) bargaining

4) depression

5) acceptance

With Laf, I'm on step 5. There's nothing special there. He'll be a third liner forever. 

With Kakko, I think I'm there on step 2 or step 3 with you because he's still out there doing good things, he's just not actually getting points. But it just pisses me off, especially because Hughes is like 3 or 4 tiers higher than Kakko at this point in a league of his own. 

15 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

With Laf, I'm on step 5. There's nothing special there. He'll be a third liner forever. 

With Kakko, I think I'm there on step 2 or step 3 with you because he's still out there doing good things, he's just not actually getting points. But it just pisses me off, especially because Hughes is like 3 or 4 tiers higher than Kakko at this point in a league of his own. 

Wow! You're moving fast...great job! There's donuts and coffee in the back, go get yourself one, you've earned it. Say hi to @Keirik back there for me. He didn't earn it yet, he's just a retired cop

• LMFAO 2
  • The Chyt! 1

3 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

See I don’t think the 3 kids have been outright “disappointing.”

I just think expectations have been misplaced and other factors have screwed things up some. 

I’ll agree that there’s been under production. But I think it’s contextual in many cases. 

I see legitimate growth and progression from all of them. They need more ice time and Gallant has failed in finding the right places and combinations.

I think if they move any of the 3 it’s a mistake and they’ll regret it. 

It's tough. But expectations for a 1st overall and 2nd overall are going to be high and for good reason. 

15 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

We need a mod to branch the stages of grief conversation about the kids into its own thread. We should see where everyone is at so we know where to focus our emotional support the most. It's going to get lost in this GDT

@Morphinity 2.0 Do something, bro, now that the GDT is up 4 hours late.

14 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I find all 3 of them frustratingly disappointing.

At times they show the skill that made them high draft choices, but it's way too infrequent and maddeningly inconsistent.

You are no longer denying that something is wrong, so you are out of stage 1. You are in the anger stage, which is stage 2. It's not a bad place to be, but it may cause you to lash out erratically while posting. @CCCPI said erratically, not erotically. You can sit back down.

Folks in stage 3 and higher will make up the support group for stage 2s as they will be able to empathize, having been through stage 2 already.

• LMFAO 1

7 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You are no longer denying that something is wrong, so you are out of stage 1. You are in the anger stage, which is stage 2. It's not a bad place to be, but it may cause you to lash out erratically while posting. @CCCPI said erratically, not erotically. You can sit back down.

Folks in stage 3 and higher will make up the support group for stage 2s as they will be able to empathize, having been through stage 2 already.

i am erotically at stage 4

I'm actually ok with Chytil and kakko as I think both are good players who if given some power play time would put respectable numbers.  They are noticeable every game and they have tangible strengths to their game that are easily identified.  Laff is another story.  I don't see anything that resembles anything special.  Right now you hope his career is as good as Goodrow.  There is nothing I feel he does above average and there seems to be no growth.  I honestly believe kakko is going to be stud in time.  Chytil for the money and as a third line center is plenty productive and has the ability to be more.  Staying healthy for him is the key.  He's already a good player at this stage and a productive one.  Every time he sees to get into a grove he gets hurt though.  That needs to stop.    

• Believe 1

6 hours ago, rmc51 said:

We need a mod to branch the stages of grief conversation about the kids into its own thread. We should see where everyone is at so we know where to focus our emotional support the most. It's going to get lost in this GDT

Yes please, barring a hot chicks thread this would be the money thread of the season and probably the forum.

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS #19] Rangers @ San Jose Sharks — 'Smile, you son of a bitch!'