• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Can Ease Vitali Kravtsov Back — Only If He Allows it

Phil

But it has also created an opportunity for the Rangers to send Kravtsov to the AHL Wolf Pack on a 14-day conditioning loan once the winger is cleared to return to play. (It has also opened the door for Julien Gauthier to establish himself as a top-nine wing, but that is secondary in this case).

But unless I miss my educated guess, the Rangers are going to make that request of Kravtsov when he’s ready to play. If he would be assigned to Hartford next Tuesday, he’d have six games from Nov. 9 through Nov. 20 on which to work on his conditioning — a total ice time of 28:52, remember — and self-awareness on the smaller sheet.

A week ahead of time, knowing that this was a hypothetical at the moment, I reached out to Kravtsov’s agent, Dan Milstein, and asked whether Kravtsov would give his consent as required by the collective bargainig agreement.

The response by text was immediate and consisted of two words:

“No comment.”

Is it wrong, knowing the history, to interpret that as ominous? I don’t know. But it was kind of jarring. And that is probably not what anyone in the Rangers organization would have wanted to hear at this point.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/rangers-can-ease-vitali-kravtsov-back-only-if-he-allows-it/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

--

giphy.gif

He should take a Hartford assignment coming off an injury if allowed and if he’s smart.

But honestly at this point, who gives a damn?

This kid isn’t likely to be here in 4 months, perhaps sooner. And there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of him being here next season. 

The injuries are not his fault. But at this point, whatever happens happens. 
They’ve done enough, even if they haven’t always done it the right way. 

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

In an ideal world he takes the assignment and finds his confidence and scoring touch, finds himself on Panarin's line, and Laf-Chytil-Gauthier becomes a dangerous 3rd scoring line.

and we all win a billion $ lottery.  Consecutively. 

• LMFAO 3

If the Rangers send him to Hartford, wouldn't that require a waiver?

VK's one year contract is one-way, as oppose to last year's contract that also gave him the option to play in the KHL. There are some differences between the contracts, that my or may influence his decision.

I really don't care either way; every time when they leave the arena doors open, Kravstov has an upper body injury...

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

VK's one year contract is one-way, as oppose to last year's contract that also gave him the option to play in the KHL. There are some differences between the contracts, that my or may influence his decision.

I really don't care either way; every time when they leave the arena doors open, Kravstov has an upper body injury...

i dont think conditional stint requires waivers

3 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

this guy gets hurt scratching his balls.  Rangers seriously need upgrades on bottom 6

21 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

If they tried to assign him to Hartford, yes. He has to go through waivers first. That's not what's being discussed here. The option they're looking at is technically a loan — a conditioning assignment that has a 14-day limit, I believe.

One-way and two-way contracts have nothing to do with waivers. They have to do with salary structure. A one-way deal just means the player is paid one sum (their NHL salary) regardless of whether they play in the NHL or in the minors. A two-way deal means their minors salary is different.

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Thanks @Phil....

So, the conditioning loan does require the player's consent, based on the NHL Conditioning Assignment Rules, 13.8 Conditioning Loan. I did believe you, but just had to look it up for myself, I am still learning about the rules of the NHL and you guys are just great when it comes to that...

Now, I understand the "sticky wicket" that both Kravtsov and Drury is in. @Valriera is right, Kravstov should just take the assignment and get it over.

Thanks guys...

17 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Thanks @Phil....

So, the conditioning loan does require the player's consent, based on the NHL Conditioning Assignment Rules, 13.8 Conditioning Loan. I did believe you, but just had to look it up for myself, I am still learning about the rules of the NHL and you guys are just great when it comes to that...

Now, I understand the "sticky wicket" that both Kravtsov and Drury is in. @Valriera is right, Kravstov should just take the assignment and get it over.

Thanks guys...

Yup, loan requires player/agent consent. The Rangers in this case will ask Kravtsov (or his agent) to accept the conditioning stint before actually loaning him.

If Kravtsov thinks he's about to jump in and immediately win a position after three injuries and a lame training camp, he's obviously mistaken.  He ought to be requesting a conditioning assignment.  I think Larry got too caught up on the "no comment."  I'm going to guess that Kravtsov will consent.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

I'd think Panarin would be in his ear, telling him he's gotta prove to everyone that he isn't the entitled bitch boy the internet has been suggesting he is. Take the assignment and dominate. Prove people wrong. This is the last chance at saving your name.  

• Bullseye 1