• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Let's Talk About the Bottom-6

Albatrosss

9 hours ago, jsrangers said:

fair point and we're still waiting on the big breakout from both.  There's issues throughout at this point. Combined with a brutal bottom six and Igor coming back down to earth vs. walking on water. 

Agreed.  I'm not saying they won't improve but right now the reason this team is struggling is because Igor has been average to bad and the top 6 hasn't been as productive as they should be.  It's not because Reeves and Carpenter aren't scoring.  Did anyone expect something different from the fourth line?  The third line was producing when Chytil was playing.  Kreider not unexpectedly has fallen off a cliff as far as production and Mika has yet to score 5 on 5.   Them scoring and Igor  getting back on track changes everything.  Until then this team will struggle regardless who they dress in their bottom 6  

56 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Agreed.  I'm not saying they won't improve but right now the reason this team is struggling is because Igor has been average to bad and the top 6 hasn't been as productive as they should be.  It's not because Reeves and Carpenter aren't scoring.  Did anyone expect something different from the fourth line?  The third line was producing when Chytil was playing.  Kreider not unexpectedly has fallen off a cliff as far as production and Mika has yet to score 5 on 5.   Them scoring and Igor  getting back on track changes everything.  Until then this team will struggle regardless who they dress in their bottom 6  

Igor is 6-1-2.  Average to bad?  Come on now.

ok he's been average. the point doesn't change.  If Igor is going to be average this team is going to struggle to make the playoffs.  I don't expect him to remain average.  The point is threads discussing the bottom 6 as what ails this team is obvious. They had no cap space or they would have kept a couple of their deadline guys.   They had to go bargain hunting in the trash bin.  Everybody knew this.  This team has a lot of big contracts.  Those guys need to produce to what they are paid and others need to produce accordingly to their draft status. 

Edited by cupalife

14 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't know that he's been average to bad, but we both know record is a terrible way to try and prove that point.

I mean when @cupalife is saying they are "struggling" record is all that matters because Igor isn't costing them games, but I agree.  Igor had 2 months last year with a .920 SV%.  I'm not worried about him being .913 in October. 

Edited by Long live the King