• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil Out With Suspected Concussion

Phil

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Shame. Bottom 6 is atrocious without him

It's atrocious with him. 

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Chytil injured after playing well for a few games? Where have I seen this before...

The hit looked deliberate to me. You can see he clearly sees Chytil and that he doesn't try to avoid contact at all. He actually leans a bit into Chytil.

If that level of hit knocks him out of a game, he should be concerned. 

• Bullseye 1

I've been hit harder walking the sidewalks in Patchogue!!

A minute and a half into the game and now we have to scramble everything because Filomena got hit with a fucking purse and broke a pimple. 

I watched that replay several times, and I'm not seeing a great deal of "forceful contact".

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

If that level of hit knocks him out of a game, he should be concerned. 

This is so tiresome man.

First of all, it's not a "hit". Chytil is nowhere near the puck, so it's not allowed to hit him. He also turns around not knowing an opponent was skating right into him with the elbow first.

Watch the clip again from 0:26. The first point of contact is the elbow to his head. Doesn't have to be a lot of force or hard when you get hit in the head. Kinda like the Trouba hit on Crosby.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

44 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This is so tiresome man.

First of all, it's not a "hit". Chytil is nowhere near the puck, so it's not allowed to hit him. He also turns around not knowing an opponent was skating right into him with the elbow first.

Watch the clip again from 0:26. The first point of contact is the elbow to his head. Doesn't have to be a lot of force or hard when you get hit in the head. Kinda like the Trouba hit on Crosby.

Oh, you mean the Crosby with a history of head and neck injuries that caused him to miss a season plus?

What's tiresome? That Chytil is always hurt? I agree. 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This is so tiresome man.

With all we know about head contact and injuries now, it’s pretty amazing that it’s basically being thrown out as inconsequential in this thread. The board needs a whipping boy though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

With all we know about head contact and injuries now, it’s pretty amazing that it’s basically being thrown out as inconsequential in this thread. The board needs a whipping boy though.

You're completely glossing over the point, because just like the board needs whipping boys, the board is full of fanboys. 

I'm not disputing whether or not a hit like that can give someone a concussion. I'm saying if it hit like that is giving you a concussion, you probably shouldn't be playing hockey. 

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not disputing whether or not a hit like that can give someone a concussion. I'm saying if it hit like that is giving you a concussion, you probably shouldn't be playing hockey

If you get a concussion by a blind-side elbow to the head you shouldn’t be playing hockey?

only early monday, but that wins the ‘dumbest shit I’ve read the entire week’ already.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If you get a concussion by a blind-side elbow to the head you shouldn’t be playing hockey?

only early monday, but that wins the ‘dumbest shit I’ve read the entire week’ already.

I defer to you, you're clearly someone who's been hit in the head often. 

• LMFAO 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're completely glossing over the point, because just like the board needs whipping boys, the board is full of fanboys. 

I'm not disputing whether or not a hit like that can give someone a concussion. I'm saying if it hit like that is giving you a concussion, you probably shouldn't be playing hockey. 

Brutal take. Zib has had like 6 concussions. I guess he shouldn’t be playing hockey. That shoulder to the head, as ”soft” as it might look to you from your couch, probably would have put Zibanejad into a coma.

Just now, rmc51 said:

Brutal take. Zib has had like 6 concussions. I guess he shouldn’t be playing hockey. That shoulder to the head, as ”soft” as it might look to you from your couch, probably would have put Zibanejad into a coma.

LOL OK.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I share your concern about how often Chytil tends to get hurt, but this is a wild take. He was blindsided. Just because it didn't look that bad doesn't mean it didn't feel bad. Brain injury is brain injury.

• Like 1