• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dryden Hunt on Waivers; Claimed by Avs

Phil

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I actually don't like it. He's been bustling his ass and scored a really nice goal the other night.  I'd rather they waived Carpenter,  who I think is even more horrible. I hate Hunt, but I don't like seeing hard work and production, not be appreciated, just to keep a PK center, who sucks on the PK. 

Goodrow as the 4 C and some options on the wings is how I'd rather see it. 

But yeah, good i guess. Was never a fan and honestly never understood why people liked him in any way. If he clears waivers, I'd assume he will be back when Blais gets hurt again tomorrow. 

• Applause 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I actually don't like it. He's been bustling his ass and scored a really nice goal the other night.  I'd rather they waived Carpenter,  who I think is even more horrible. I hate Hunt, but I don't like seeing hard work and production, not be appreciated, just to keep a PK center, who sucks on the PK. 

Goodrow as the 4 C and some options on the wings is how I'd rather see it. 

But yeah, good i guess. Was never a fan and honestly never understood why people liked him in any way. If he clears waivers, I'd assume he will be back when Blais gets hurt again tomorrow. 

Leave it to you to somehow sink lower than me by finding a way to argue with yourself. 

• LMFAO 6
  • The Chyt! 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Leave it to you to somehow sink lower than me by finding a way to argue with yourself. 

I play fair though. Hunt has been more useful than Carpenter.  That's near impossible to be that bad.  When you get out played by Hunt and your claim to fame is of a certain role on special teams AND you clearly aren't very good at said role, (even before signing with the team), yet you have a repor with the coach that keeps your ass around, it kinda bugs me. 

Nevermind the ridiculous pay check Reaves gets to chug up and down the ice. Gallant really needs to reduce his games played. I know....  it's the 4th line and who cares. But the team is doing so well that that's the only complaint. So...  sit Reaves more. Keep him fresh. 

4 minutes ago, josh said:

Timing makes it seem like they want him claimed or they would have done this last week. 

almost like they don’t know how to use waivers. 

I don't think they could have made this move last week with Blais not ready and Kravtsov on the mend. 

They probably saved some dough with both Blais and Kravtsov on IR. With both back, I guess they want more cap space.  

Maybe they are expecting a better player to become available via waivers or small trade? Hopefully a useful 4C. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I don't think they could have made this move last week with Blais not ready and Kravtsov on the mend. 

They probably saved some dough with both Blais and Kravtsov on IR. With both back, I guess they want more cap space.  

Maybe they are expecting a better player to become available via waivers or small trade? Hopefully a useful 4C. 

They never put Kravtsov on IR. 

im thinking Rydahl call-up. He can be sent down anytime 

14 hours ago, josh said:

Timing makes it seem like they want him claimed or they would have done this last week. 

almost like they don’t know how to use waivers. 

I'd imagine he will be. He's a dirt cheap reliable fourth-line forward who never complains. Colorado, maybe? Lando is out long-term, so they're reshuffling the decks, and have Jayson Megna on their NHL roster at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 8
  • The Chyt! 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Applause 1

54 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

For some reason the Rangers don't like to think of Goodrow as an every day center they prefer him as a winger.

So Carpenter is needed for the 4th line until someone proves to be a better option.

i think Goodrow is better on the wing. I also think there’s less wear and tear on him. They need him in the playoffs, and should do what they can to limit his time during the season to ensure hes healthy when needed 

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil changed the title to Dryden Hunt on Waivers; Claimed by Avs
5 hours ago, Phil said:

I'd imagine he will be. He's a dirt cheap reliable fourth-line forward who never complains. Colorado, maybe? Lando is out long-term, so they're reshuffling the decks, and have Jayson Megna on their NHL roster at the moment.

nailed it. Criss Angel Wow GIF by DefyTV

5 hours ago, Phil said:

@Phil

Dude, how 'bout throwing out a few Powerball numbers while you're at it!! 

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC