• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Interactive Power Rankings

josh

I'm still a member of the Trouba fan club, looks like the Trouba fan club has diminishing membership. I get that his play has been uneven or sometimes uninspired at times.

However, he's still one of the few Rangers that will knock an opponent on his ass during a rush.  Physical play to just end a play.  This is critical, especially during the playoffs.

Let's see his play in the last 10 games of the regular season, and the opening round of the playoffs, before we kick him to the curb.

Ice Hockey Wow GIF by New York Rangers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fletch said:

I'm still a member of the Trouba fan club, looks like the Trouba fan club has diminishing membership. I get that his play has been uneven or sometimes uninspired at times.

However, he's still one of the few Rangers that will knock an opponent on his ass during a rush.  Physical play to just end a play.  This is critical, especially during the playoffs.

Let's see his play in the last 10 games of the regular season, and the opening round of the playoffs, before we kick him to the curb.

Ice Hockey Wow GIF by New York Rangers

We'll need him this year, Fletch, and next....no argument there.  It's just after next season, how much does he have in the tank?  That, and the theory of keeping the Core 4 intact for the long haul.  I see Trouba's $8 balloons going the way of Miller in years to come.

47 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We'll need him this year, Fletch, and next....no argument there.  It's just after next season, how much does he have in the tank?  That, and the theory of keeping the Core 4 intact for the long haul.  I see Trouba's $8 balloons going the way of Miller in years to come.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If we're going to keep this "Core" together.  He's gotta go.

I'd much rather have as our foundation:

Fox/Lindy

K'Andre/Schneider

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ozzy, respect to your perspective.  But I'd rather have Trouba, Fox, Lindy, K'Andre, Schneider, and some AHL level dude then lose Trouba.  There's no one on our roster that has his skill-set.  K'Andre could turn into a punisher, but he's not there.  Trouba will lay someone the eff out.  And there are a dwindling number of player in the NHL that are willing to do the Chris Chelios-Scott Stevens hits.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, fletch said:

Ozzy, respect to your perspective.  But I'd rather have Trouba, Fox, Lindy, K'Andre, Schneider, and some AHL level dude then lose Trouba.  There's no one on our roster that has his skill-set.  K'Andre could turn into a punisher, but he's not there.  Trouba will lay someone the eff out.  And there are a dwindling number of player in the NHL that are willing to do the Chris Chelios-Scott Stevens hits.

I can dig that, Fletch.  I hear where you're coming from.  I just don't know how to squeeze 'em all under the cap.  Trouba, I'm thinking would become the guy who's priced out at that point.  He'd be 30 years old, and still have value enough to fetch us maybe something that fits a need.

I'm thinking the young guns would be set to carry the ball from that point forward.

True, we won't have a bone rattler on defense, and Miller, I don't believe will be that guy either.  Although I see some pop in Schneider.  We have some time to see Schneider evolve, and maybe some cap relief helps in years to come.  Gonna be tough to fit 'em all in there, and I would hate to lose Lindy.  I love that dude!!!  LOL

We shall see, man.  But I respect that!

15 hours ago, rmc51 said:

They didn’t, but they also didn’t appoint him captain to play like a $3-4M player either. Things change

He has never played like more than a 4-5 million player. We've proves this out. He was playing Brady Skjei level of hockey while he was here, and everyone hated Skjei ... Who was giving you same output for a little less than half the cap hit. 

14 hours ago, fletch said:

2 hours ago, Pete said:

And yet somehow teams are winning cups without them. 

Please elaborate.  Are you suggesting the game has changed and you no longer need someone like Chelios or Stevens on the roster to win a Cup?  Or are you looking at the Avalanche and the Lightning roster and saying the Rangers should be looking at these franchises as models of roster construction, and they don't have someone like Chelios or Stevens on their roster?   Or are you saying something altogether different?  My response depends on your point of view, which is not clear.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

He has never played like more than a 4-5 million player. We've proves this out. He was playing Brady Skjei level of hockey while he was here, and everyone hated Skjei ... Who was giving you same output for a little less than half the cap hit. 

Correct. They expected him to follow an upwards trajectory to be worth it. They were wrong. Instead, he’s gotten worse.

Edited by rmc51
  • TroCheckmark 1

3 hours ago, fletch said:

Please elaborate.  Are you suggesting the game has changed and you no longer need someone like Chelios or Stevens on the roster to win a Cup?  Or are you looking at the Avalanche and the Lightning roster and saying the Rangers should be looking at these franchises as models of roster construction, and they don't have someone like Chelios or Stevens on their roster?   Or are you saying something altogether different?  My response depends on your point of view, which is not clear.

I'm saying you don't need them, and no one should be paying $8M for one.

I think of you took a poll players would fear Radko Gudas more than Trouba ... He's got 3 less points and is a net +11 over Trouba for $2.5M a year. 

I'm not comparing those guys as actual players, as obviously Trouba is having one of the worst years of his career, but the point stands you can sign a guy making double what Gudas makes, half of what Trouba makes, and probably net you the same results on the ice. 

1. Adam Fox 

2. Mika Zibanejad

3. Igor Shesterkin

4. Filip Chytil +1

5. Artemi Panarin -1

6. K'Andre Miller

7. Chris Kreider

8. Vincent Trocheck

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Kappo Kakko

11. Jimmy Vesey 

12. Braden Schneider 

13. Vitali Kravtsov 

14. Alexis Lafrenière

15. Barclay Goodrow

16. Ben Harpur 

17. Jacob Trouba

18. Jaroslav Halak

19. Julien Gauthier

20. Sammy Blais

21. Jake Leschyshyn

22. Libor Hajek

I did what I did and that's just how it be for now. Plus @josh is MIA so...I can do what I want.

1. Adam Fox 

2. Mika Zibanejad

3. Igor Shesterkin

4. Filip Chytil

5. Artemi Panarin

6. K'Andre Miller

7. Vincent Trocheck

8. Ryan Lindgren

9. Chris Kreider -2

10. Kappo Kakko

11. Jimmy Vesey 

12. Braden Schneider 

13. Vitali Kravtsov 

14. Alexis Lafrenière

15. Barclay Goodrow

16. Ben Harpur 

17. Jacob Trouba

18. Jaroslav Halak

19. Julien Gauthier

20. Sammy Blais

21. Jake Leschyshyn

22. Libor Hajek

edit - adjusted to account for @rmc51's list 

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Keeps it 100 2

13 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm saying you don't need them, and no one should be paying $8M for one.

I think of you took a poll players would fear Radko Gudas more than Trouba ... He's got 3 less points and is a net +11 over Trouba for $2.5M a year. 

I'm not comparing those guys as actual players, as obviously Trouba is having one of the worst years of his career, but the point stands you can sign a guy making double what Gudas makes, half of what Trouba makes, and probably net you the same results on the ice. 

Thank you for clarification, I see your point.  It relies on the assumption that a cheaper option is available to play for the Rangers, with Trouba's skillset.  Color me skeptical.

6 hours ago, fletch said:

Thank you for clarification, I see your point.  It relies on the assumption that a cheaper option is available to play for the Rangers, with Trouba's skillset.  Color me skeptical.

Well, not only is Braden Schneider a cheaper option, I'm telling you the one thing you're looking for out of Trouba just isn't required. 

1. Adam Fox 

2. Mika Zibanejad

3. Igor Shesterkin

4. Filip Chytil

5. Artemi Panarin

6. K'Andre Miller

7. Vincent Trocheck

8. Ryan Lindgren

9. Chris Kreider

10. Kappo Kakko

11. Jimmy Vesey 

12. Braden Schneider