• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #6: Rangers @ Islanders, 7pm — MSG Networks

Phil

Need to see something out of Trocheck in this game. 

I'm guessing we will see a lot of Blais, so they can figure out where he lands in the lineup. Top 6 or 4th line. 

Kravstov obviously needs to have some kind of dominant shifts if he's playing. 

Tinordi or Hajek is one of the final questions surrounding the D as 6/7th D. Is there an open competition tonight? 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tinordi or Hajek is one of the final questions surrounding the D as 6/7th D. Is there an open competition tonight? 

Please no Tinordi.  The fact that Tinordi won't get claimed on waivers while Hajek probably (not certainly) would may play into this.  Hajek is not coming off a good game.  Most of his 17 games last year were not bad, some quite good.

4 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Please no Tinordi.  The fact that Tinordi won't get claimed on waivers while Hajek probably (not certainly) would may play into this.  Hajek is not coming off a good game.  Most of his 17 games last year were not bad, some quite good.

I'm a Hajek supporter, but he had some stinkers towards the end of last season. Might have had a minus 4 game and really deserved it. He hung his partner out to dry with some bad decisions. 

My thing with Hajek is that I don't get how anyone can have a solid opinion on what he is, because he just hasn't played consistently enough from the start.

I thought he started out pretty good in his Ranger tenure. He was paired with Trouba and they looked pretty good.  Hajek looked as if he had a bit of offensive ability. Got injured, came back, then it was like he never got another chance to be a regular. 

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

Not a great sign for VK who really hasn’t earned it, interesting to see what happens next. 

Dude ain't going to Hartford. Ridding ourselves of some very much needed depth at RW is not a good plan for this year.

3 hours ago, josh said:

Kreider Zibanejad Kakko

panarin Trocheck Vesey 

Lafreniere Chytil Goodrow

blais Carpenter Reaves

my guess 

I think GG will experiment with Blais at RW on one of the top two lines.

Kreids - Zib - Vesey

Bread - Troch - Blais

Laffy - Chyts - Kakko

Goodrow - Carp - Reavo