• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Retirement Day: Chara, Subban, Yandle Announce End of NHL Careers

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Retirement Day: Chara, Subban, Yandle Announce End of NHL Careers
42 minutes ago, siddious said:

Didn’t he though? He’s been awful for at least 3 seasons now lol

subban looked done for a year or two as well. 

His last year in Boston should've been his last, I think.  One more after that, just to see if he still had it and I don't think he did....I guess it's a hard thing to give up when that's all you've known for 25 years.

It's probably best he cashed in the chips, but it was a really great run for the guy.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I can see PK doing broadcasting soon.  I thought he played a dirty game at times, but I'll bet he'll be a great analyst on TV.

If by soon you mean immediately, yes. He's already worked with ESPN. He'll continue to, full-time, or jump directly to the TNT panel. Not sure what the contracts look like there, but there's just no way he's not destined for television.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

If by soon you mean immediately, yes. He's already worked with ESPN. He'll continue to, full-time, or jump directly to the TNT panel. Not sure what the contracts look like there, but there's just no way he's not destined for television.

You what makes me laugh?  Is that I hated him as a player, but I really like his commentary! 

...and yeah, I meant full time....I'm old, forgive me!!  LOL

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

surprised PK retired.  still young at 33.  Surprised no one wanted to sign him, even for cheap

I'm not. Have you watched PK Subban play these last few years? He's five years removed from double digit goal-scoring and has failed to eclipse 20 points for three straight years. His career rapidly began to close following 2018-2019.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm not. Have you watched PK Subban play these last few years? He's five years removed from double digit goal-scoring and has failed to eclipse 20 points for three straight years. His career rapidly began to close following 2018-2019.

i guess if you're looking for 2023 Subban.  But he did have 22 points last season and could've been 6/7th D but i guess not.

Just now, CCCP said:

i guess if you're looking for 2023 Subban.  But he did have 22 points last season and could've been 6/7th D but i guess not.

I mean, I guess, but most teams (and most fan bases) would probably rather their organization give younger players a chance to fill a role like that than waste cap dollars on a veteran player in a supreme decline. I think even PK recognized this given he went the entire summer unsigned.

I don’t think any are HoFers. They’ll give it to Chara for being tall.

I’m surprised about Subban. I thought he’d stick around for a few more seasons. The article in the Toronto something the other day about no one being able to get ahold of him seems kinda sad, now. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

I don’t think any are HoFers. They’ll give it to Chara for being tall.

I’m surprised about Subban. I thought he’d stick around for a few more seasons. The article in the Toronto something the other day about no one being able to get ahold of him seems kinda sad, now. 

Could be personal 

11 hours ago, CCCP said:

surprised PK retired.  still young at 33.  Surprised no one wanted to sign him, even for cheap

His career went downhill since he started hooking up with Lindsey Vonn. Not the first athlete that's happened to and won't be the last. 

Edited by Karan

6 hours ago, jsrangers said:

PK but his game was rapidly headed downhill (no pun intended) before she came along. It's too bad she got caught up in the Icloud hack and every inch of her was exposed for the whole world to see. 

What's too bad about it 😂

• JIMMY! 1