• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Are We Getting New Third Jerseys?

RichieNextel305

36 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Is everyone all in on a forum-wide mass suicide by Kool-Aid if it's the 1976-78 Johnny Ferguson faux Winnipeg Jets sweater?  I'm sure I can at least count on Ozzie and Rodrique Gabriel to take the gulp.

Maybe because you guys are the only ones who remember 1976, and I'm not even fully confident that @Ozzy remembers 2016. 

Edited by Pete
  • LOL 2
  • LMFAO 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Is everyone all in on a forum-wide mass suicide by Kool-Aid if it's the 1976-78 Johnny Ferguson faux Winnipeg Jets sweater?  I'm sure I can at least count on Ozzie and Rodrique Gabriel to take the gulp.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Maybe because you guys are the only ones who remember 1976, and I'm not even fully confident that @Ozzy remembers 2016. 

I don't even remember what time I got home last night, no less that Ranger bulls-eye logo from '76!!  LOL

I think it was Shero who disposed of those pieces of shit.  If I remember correctly I think he said they looked like "targets".   I just thought they looked like shit!  ...Always wore that #11 jersey to games when I was a little kid!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CCCP said:

How cares about 3rd jerseys?  I never understood this. Want to waste your money on something that’s made especially for Dolan/MSG to make more money?  Take that $150 and put it in your future kids college fund. 

Kids?

What are those?  I've often heard about these creatures, but have never seen or had one!  LOL

• Phil changed the title to Are We Getting New Third Jerseys?
14 hours ago, CCCP said:

How cares about 3rd jerseys?  I never understood this. Want to waste your money on something that’s made especially for Dolan/MSG to make more money?  Take that $150 and put it in your future kids college fund. 

Jersey sales are a key factor in a rising cap, so, conversely, ignore your kid for a month, and help the cap go up.

• LMFAO 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Can’t wait for them to re-re-re-release one of the same 2 jerseys this team has been using for the last 75 years. 

“just change the font to something shitty and slightly change the jersey color”

”but it’s a white jersey…?”

”so?” 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, siddious said:

Can’t wait for them to re-re-re-release one of the same 2 jerseys this team has been using for the last 75 years. 

Give them some credit; while the Rangers (and the O6 writ large) struggle with this, the Heritage jerseys and the Stadium Series jerseys were really good. 

54 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Give them some credit; while the Rangers (and the O6 writ large) struggle with this, the Heritage jerseys and the Stadium Series jerseys were really good. 

I don’t dislike any of their jerseys but if you’re going to release something new then for the love of god just do something different. 

I get tradition- keep the home and away but a third should just be different each time it’s introduced.

Bringing the liberty ones back was cool, but I thought they messed up the design a little bit. There needed to be some piping on the bottom like the originals had, and the piping itself needed to be thicker in general. I thought it was too thin. Maybe to change it up this time they go the white liberty route?

43 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i really hate the idea of 3rd jerseys.  Special occasion like the winter classic or something like that i could understand, but making a jersey just to make money?  Why not make 4th and 5th jerseys?

You should see what they do in European Soccer. New home, away, and third jersey every year. Plus a warm up jersey.