• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Libor Hajek to 1-Year/$800k Extension

Phil

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

During the relatively short period when he was playing last year the consensus was that he did pretty well.

He had a reeeeealy bad game paired with Jones late in the season. Pretty much leaving Gallant with zero confidence in either of them for the rest of the season. I think he was like minus 5 that game. 

Otherwise,  i thought he looked like if he could shake off some rust, he'd be a bit more useful. 

Edited by The Dude

Hajek would probably be OK on a team with more defensive structure. He's an OK skater, good size, can make a pass. 

His issue is that he loses coverage in the D zone and he will sometimes throw the puck somewhere thinking a teammate will be there, and they're not. We saw this confusion with Schneider late in the year, also. 

It just speaks to the total lack of defensive scheme (as referenced by how often the team is outshoot), where the D are all relying on their talent or athleticism to do the job, and Hajek isn't there.

Install a system worth a damn and he's probably a decent 5/6/7. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Can’t we trade him to chicago? They’re trying to finish last they should want terrible defenseman 

I dont think he is terrible. Id love to see him flourish on the last pair this year so we can claim we got SOMETHING for McDonagh.