• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 WCSF: (1P) Calgary Flames vs. (2P) Edmonton Oilers

Who Wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Flames in 4
    • Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2022 at 11:07 PM

18 minutes ago, Keirik said:

How do they disallow that goal lol

So odd. 

Yeah that was a really controversial call. I know if that call was made against the Rangers and cost them the series I'd be fucking pissed. That was definitely not a distinctive kicking motion, they've called a lot bigger kicks than that a good call. Plus the guy was trying to slow down as he was going to hit the post.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Very shocked to see Calgary get worked this bad. Good for Edmonton. Good for McDavid.

Yeah despite the questionable call tonight which cost Calgary the game, they dropped way too many leads against the Oilers and were extremely subpar this series. Way below their regular season level. And Markstrom did not look like a Vezina finalist at any stage of this series.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Yeah despite the questionable call tonight which cost Calgary the game, they dropped way too many leads against the Oilers and were extremely subpar this series. Way below their regular season level. And Markstrom did not look like a Vezina finalist at any stage of this series.

Yep agreed. Perfect confluence of events for Edmonton.

FWIW, I thought that no goal call was a bit tough to call. But it is what it is.

• Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It must be nice to have a superstar forward making $11+ Million per year show up in the playoffs. I wonder what that must feel like…

Mcdavid also disappeared for three seasons prior before he figured it out 

46 minutes ago, Karan said:

Yeah that was a really controversial call. I know if that call was made against the Rangers and cost them the series I'd be fucking pissed. That was definitely not a distinctive kicking motion, they've called a lot bigger kicks than that a good call. Plus the guy was trying to slow down as he was going to hit the post.

I mean, it was a goal on the ice. To overturn that is criminal. Coleman was mid air lol. This league needs to stop overthinking this. And I have no doubt maybe. The Oilers figure it out and win, but don’t gift them another life. Make them earn that. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Mcdavid also disappeared for three seasons prior before he figured it out 

To the tune of like 22 points in 21 playoff games before this year.  I think that idea he didn’t figure it out is a Torts falsehood to some extent