• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What do I do?

My Friday dilemma  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do I do with the shirt I wore on Wednesday?

• Wear it tonight, but wash it first, it got pretty stanky at band practice.
    • Wear it but don't wash it, the stank is where the magic lies.
    • You're crazy, the shirt had zero bearing on the result of Wednesday's game. Wear a different Rangers shirt.
    • Start drinking now (9:30am EST) and by gametime it won't matter.

3 minutes ago, josh said:

what type of shirt are we talking?

What did you do on Wednesday, and are you doing the same thing tonight?

Do you have an away version of said shirt?

- My "Believe In Blue" t-shirt

- I was at band practice and missed the game. My daughter already told me I need to leave the house tonight.....

- No, but that's not a horrible idea!

Wash it and wear it.

You made the mistake of wearing the shirt to band practice, and that's where it got sweaty, so there's a likelihood you already ruined the juju. Wash that stupid band stink off of it and hope you didn't fuck it up for the rest of us. 

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Dr. Jimmy said:

- My "Believe In Blue" t-shirt

- I was at band practice and missed the game. My daughter already told me I need to leave the house tonight.....

- No, but that's not a horrible idea!

I change my answer, you missed the game?

Doesn't matter what you do, just don't watch the game. Your shirt is in no way connected to our fortunes. 

• LMFAO 4
  • Bullseye 1

7 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

The answer is always to drink

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Doesn't matter what you do, just don't watch the game. Your shirt is in no way connected to our fortunes. 

I'm with a combo of Morph and Pete...

But just hammer it!!!!

Booze Have A Drink GIF

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I was watching on my phone (which pissed off the bassist, but fuck 'im) so now what?  Do you see what I'm up against here????

Leave the house, stay home, wear the shirt, wash it, don't wash it.........  Option #3 is starting to look real good right now........

• Cheers 1

I recently played with a guitar and drum duo, one of the dudes is someone I went to high school with...he's on guitar (he was my drummer 20 years ago and I was the guitarist). So I went over to the drummer's house with the intent of playing bass on a few of their songs...drummer asks me, "do you know how to play the bass?"

"I know how to follow the guitarist." 

• LMFAO 1

Wear a different shirt. The team still sort of sucked last game outside of a handful of players. We need more luck on our side than a sweaty, stanky tshirt that was only marginally lucky at best.

Also, had you worn this same shirt during any of the previous games? Track record matters.

9 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Wear a different shirt. The team still sort of sucked last game outside of a handful of players. We need more luck on our side than a sweaty, stanky tshirt that was only marginally lucky at best.

Also, had you worn this same shirt during any of the previous games? Track record matters.

See that's the thing, I only wore it on Wednesday and not before......

Speaking of superstitions, I know I mentioned this before somewhere on this board, but around Easter in 1994 was when it became clear that the Rangers were gunning for a Cup. For Easter I had gotten this cute little rabbit doll in pink suspenders. I named it Zubov because I liked the name (same reason our hamster was named Matteau). 

Zubov became the de facto good luck charm over the years. To get the magic out of him, you brandish him at the TV screen and shake him violently so his ears flop around aggressively. This happened so many times over the years that he's been stitched up several times. 

Nowadays, Zubov only comes out of retirement in dire instances. Remember the final seconds Brad Richards tying goal? Zubov was being shaken for the full last two minutes of that game. Remember the Stepan OT goal against the Caps after coming back from down 3-1? Family members were taking turns shaking Zubov for the whole OT up until that point. 

Tonight may, in fact, be a Zubov night. I'm still undecided because in theory, if we have any chance of making the second round (I do not believe for a second that we do based on playing 2 of the worst games I've seen this team play all season consecutively in Pittsburgh), the magic should be saved for higher stakes. 

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 2

Between periods of Game 6 of the Messier called shot game at the Meadowlands, all four members of the group I was with went to the bathroom and took off his or her underwear and pocketed it.  The ritual was repeated in Game 7 at the Garden and for Game 7 of the cup winning game.

I'd say this indicates go full stanky, but I must add, I think first round is too early for such rituals.  The Hockey Gods are more responsive when you are more selective.

7 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

I was watching on my phone (which pissed off the bassist, but fuck 'im) so now what?  Do you see what I'm up against here????

Leave the house, stay home, wear the shirt, wash it, don't wash it.........  Option #3 is starting to look real good right now........

What ever you do. You must incorporate pissing off that bass player. 

Funny though. I'm totally wearing the same shirt I wore Wednesday and have planned to do so since Wednesday spacer.png

• Applause 1