• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — This Is the End, My Only Friend

Last time I checked, this was a 7 game series.....

I expect a big time effort tonight out of the Boys in Blue!

Just think what happens if we can just win tonight and then eek out a win in Pitt....Anything can happen in a Game 7, and we've all seen it.  Come on!!  You guys have more faith than this!!  LOL

• Like 2

CK was a giant part of the 1-3 comebacks in 2014 and 2015.

CK was coming back from an injury in Game 5 of the 2014 Pens series, and the Rangers were 0-30 on the power play.  His one man effort PP goal early in Game 5 changed the momentum of that series as much as MSL's personal situation.

Facing imminent demise with less than 2 minutes left in Game 5 against the Caps in 2015, CK scores 6 on 5 to send it into OT.  Two 1st period goals by CK in Game 6 pace the Rangers and send it back to MSG for Game 7.

More to come?

• Believe 1

4 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Drury’s job definitely safe. GG’s job is as close to 100% safe as you can get without being 100%. I have to admit though, Trotz might be one of those coaches who Gallant could conceivably get “shock fired” for if the Rangers lose this series on home ice in similar fashion to what they looked like in game 4.

Could this roster handle that coaching and philosophy change though? 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The book is becoming real clear on Gallant. Playing a different team every night is different than a playoff series. One team has made adjustments, the other hasn't. 

4 hours ago, Phil said:

It's funny — when he was hired, I basically shrugged my shoulders and said "OK, let's see what he does." I had no opinion on him positive or negative. Through the regular season, I'd say I was mostly positive, but he's been embarrassingly out-coached in this series.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Couldn't agree more. 

And then having the team do gassers in practice? Like WTF? 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Pee wee shit. Screams that he has no game plan. 

If this were Tortorella, during exit interviews the players would throw him under the bus and talk about how he lost the room.

Pascal Rhéaume for trivia

Sam and Joe have an on air fist fight in the 2nd period.  Sam is overly positive and Joe starts cursing about the refs. Sam walks away the victor simply because Sam is such a bad ass and has never lost a fight. Joe is hauled away in an ambulance.

It's little known fact that Sam is an old school underground street fighter (retired in 2009). He is 4-0 with record setting quick knock outs against world famous Kimbo Slice. He has declined comment on his experience in the Kumite tournament. It's believed that he was disqualified for ultra violence. 

Strome scores a hat trick, one of which is the game winner. 

Rooney logs 15.38 minutes of icetime. 

Nemeth goes into concussion protocol, from the whiplash he gets from turning his head so many times after being walked by every Penguin player. 

Kakko gets an assist. 

Panarin gets 2 minutes for scoring against the Penguins. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Pascal Rhéaume for trivia

Sam and Joe have an on air fist fight in the 2nd period.  Sam is overly positive and Joe starts cursing about the refs. Sam walks away the victor simply because Sam is such a bad ass and has never lost a fight. Joe is hauled away in an ambulance.

It's little known fact that Sam is an old school underground street fighter (retired in 2009). He is 4-0 with record setting quick knock outs against world famous Kimbo Slice. He has declined comment on his experience in the Kumite tournament. It's believed that he was disqualified for ultra violence. 

Strome scores a hat trick, one of which is the game winner. 

Rooney logs 15.38 minutes of icetime. 

Nemeth goes into concussion protocol, from the whiplash he gets from turning his head so many times after being walked by every Penguin player. 

Kakko gets an assist. 

Panarin gets 2 minutes for scoring against the Penguins. 

Is... is this... the Ballsy Predictions thread??

5 hours ago, G1000 said:

Guys, I get that the season's on life support here, but let's maybe hold off on the wake until the heart stops, yeah?

Actually - this kind of talk is perfect - everytime this forum gets suicidally depressive about the rangers...they come up with a killer swing towards looking like a full on contender!