• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — This Is the End, My Only Friend

Just now, Keirik said:

Two separate Referees called two penalties 15 seconds into the game

Kinda tells you what they’re thinking…  i will say this:  I’ve been watching a lot of playoff games this year and I’ve never seen these games in the past officiated like they are this year.  Makes for very choppy play with refs constantly changing momentum of the game.  I don’t like it.  Call the major stuff, sure.  Let the penny ante stuff go.  Almost seems the other way around.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Watch Zibanejad there. 2-on-2. He skates to the outside, avoids the defenseman at all costs. Then when he's at the wall he throws a weak backhand hopeful pass.

Crosby would challenge one of the D's there, not skate away from them. That's the difference.

Exactly. Crosby would force a D to draw towards him. Ziby just tries to hide from the d lol

My god are we really complaining about the refs?  If you want to earn a power play go tot he next a draw one.  Take a hit to make a play.  Engage in the game.  If you stay on the perimeter the enrie game you make it awfully easy on the Pens and the refs not to call shit

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Keirik said:

Exactly. Crosby would force a D to draw towards him. Ziby just tries to hide from the d lol

Yup. Watch the 3-2 goal in game two. Crosby in the exactly same position. Instead of taking a skate around the outside he skates directly inside towards the left D, forcing him to defend against Crosby. The left D gets caught out and Guentzel scores.

Mika? Takes a casual skate around the outside and just throw the puck towards the crease and hope for something.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yup. Watch the 3-2 goal in game two. Crosby in the exactly same position. Instead of taking a skate around the outside he skates directly inside towards the left D, forcing him to defend against Crosby. The left D gets caught out and Guentzel scores.

Mika? Takes a casual skate around the outside and just throw the puck towards the crease and hope for something.

And the scary thing is Ziby has over 30 playoff games under his belt 

The first period ain’t much different from last Monday’s game. They trying hard, but not playing smart. The Pitts on the other hand just take what the Rangers give them and outplay the Rangers in Avery aspects of the game, including the goalies…..

I get The whole idea of a young team learning the ropes in a playoff series before they’re ready to take the next jump. 

thing is, you expect that young team to show up. Some mistakes? Fine, I’d accept that. 

this isn’t a team Learning to play playoff hockey. This is a team watching an experienced opposition and not learning from it. 

0 effort, 0 accountability, 0 urgency. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Just now, Keirik said:

And the scary thing is Ziby has over 30 playoff games under his belt 

Yeah, he's not changing.

GG and Drury needs to understand that. The 2nd and 3rd line center needs to better defensively, so Mika and his line can focus on the offense. We can't have Mika be a shutdown C and at the same time expect him to carry us offensively.

1 minute ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I get The whole idea of a young team learning the ropes in a playoff series before they’re ready to take the next jump. 

thing is, you expect that young team to show up. Some mistakes? Fine, I’d accept that. 

this isn’t a team Learning to play playoff hockey. This is a team watching an experienced opposition and not learning from it. 

0 effort, 0 accountability, 0 urgency. 

The guys with experience haven’t even shown up. 

• Like 1

Panarin is so much better when he's skating all over the ice, not just standing on the left side. Why is he so stationary? I know he can, he's done it before. He's just so easy to play when he just stays on the left side. The right D just takes him out all the time and he's neutralized for the entire shift. Why not try and shake off the defenders? I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Time to go nuclear and juggle the lines completely. Lafreniere is one of the only guys buzzing out there. Vatrano too. Pair those guys and give them lion’s share of the minutes. I’d try Lafreniere-Copp-Vatrano.

Panarin - Strome - Zibanejad

Lafreniere - Copp - Vatrano

Kreider - Chytil - Kakko

Need to try something, because this BS is not working.

Rangers need to be tougher in the low/high slot…getting killed this series in the home base…Pitt is fine with the Rangers chasing and throwing big hits in the corners and along the boards; opens up the middle…From the last few games, many of the goals are coming from guys deflecting shots who have a spectator standing next to them…no body on body, no stick on stick…nothing…