• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#77) Rangers vs. Winnipeg Jets — Copp Revenge Game

Had a blast. Was 6 rows from the ice on the side rangers shoot twice so really had a great view. Had an adorable father daughter pair  sitting next to my wife and the kid was chatting up the better half the whole game. I think she’s going to ask for one soon lol

LGR!  Such a fun year 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Igor wants that Vezina.

That race is over. It’s his.

Honestly, I think these last 2 shutouts have put him right in the middle of the conversation for the Hart Trophy, which I’ve been doubting myself most of the season.

His stats across the board are just…stupid. There is a chance that the guy finishes with 40 wins, a sub-2 GAA and a save percentage hovering around .940. That’s just absurd.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Cheers 1

Magic number for home ice in Round 1 is 1 (over PIT) and 2 (over WSH). So, at this point, seems like a certainty that we will open up at MSG. 

We have 5 games left and sit at 106 points. Our franchise record was 113 in 2014-15. We can max out at 116. Winning 4 of 5 would also give us the franchise mark.

Wild to think that this may be the best regular season the Rangers have ever had.

• Cheers 4
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2

Our conference is stacked but you know who the scariest team to get in the playoffs is this year right now? The New York Rangers. Elite goaltending, defense, power play, and decent enough depth to really make any team question their sanity. No reason it can’t be us this year - as good a shot as anyone except maybe Calgary who I think are just a bit better 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Our conference is stacked but you know who the scariest team to get in the playoffs is this year right now? The New York Rangers. Elite goaltending, defense, power play, and decent enough depth to really make any team question their sanity. No reason it can’t be us this year - as good a shot as anyone except maybe Calgary who I think are just a bit better 

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

the longer this season goes the better this team gets. Even mid season I didn’t consider the rangers serious contenders but now it’s hard to argue. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Rangers regular season record against East Division teams is 33-10-2, only Florida Panthers have a better record, 34-7-3. So, yeah, Rangers have just as many chances as any other playoff teams to advance., Regardless how far they'll go, it's been a hell of a season...👌👍

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

They’ve hit the point where they’re just rolling. And every night, it’s someone new. Yeah, Shesterkin carried the load a good chunk of the season. But of late, the overall attention to detail has really been something to behold.

With a goalie like Igor, he isn’t going to give up a whole lot of easy goals. If they can limit the amount of Grade-A shots he sees, in addition to the fact that we have a pretty decent collection of talent up front who can score? I’ll take my chances.

All season, I’ve been preaching the same mantra: Learn to walk before you can run. And a part of me still feels that way. But this group, this young group, may just be stubborn enough to pull off a special little run here. We shall see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Had a blast. Was 6 rows from the ice on the side rangers shoot twice so really had a great view. Had an adorable father daughter pair  sitting next to my wife and the kid was chatting up the better half the whole game. I think she’s going to ask for one soon lol

LGR!  Such a fun year 

lol good luck 

• LMFAO 1

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That race is over. It’s his.

Honestly, I think these last 2 shutouts have put him right in the middle of the conversation for the Hart Trophy, which I’ve been doubting myself most of the season.

His stats across the board are just…stupid. There is a chance that the guy finishes with 40 wins, a sub-2 GAA and a save percentage hovering around .940. That’s just absurd.

He'll definitely get a lot of votes for the Hart, but I think it ultimately goes to Matthews or Huberdeau, Gaudreau, even, someone like that. But, he's totally in the conversation.

Edited by Sharpshooter

Way to bring us home a "W", @Keirik!!!  Mission accomplished, my man!!!

I just have to say we are totally blessed with a goalie to which I have never seen the likes of.   This guy is an absolute beast!  We sleep-walked through one last night, and our man Igor simply continues to do unfathomable work in goal.

.......And here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by ACME Brick:  "Igor only uses the finest!".

15 hours ago, pws85nyr said:

“Which aging monarch is less injury prone that Kappo Kakko?”…

22 hours ago, Flynn said:

Trivia: Anders Hedberg

Interesting factoid discussed during the broadcast: Sam's toupee can also be worn as a merkin for a plus sized lady. 

12 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

How is it possible to have highlights and analysis for that 1st.

11 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

I always hear Pionks name said through a donkeys voice.

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It looks like he's playing goal on a hover board with his positioning and everything.

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn, who's been lighting it up in the GDT's all season!!

I don't know what the hell that is on Sam's head, but it's starting to look like something from another planet!  Buzz that shit, Sammy!!

• Cheers 4

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He'll definitely get a lot of votes for the Hart, but I think it ultimately goes to Matthews or Huberdeau, Gaudreau, even, someone like that. But, he's totally in the conversation.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

But, if he pitches another shutout or 2 in these last few games here, gets to or hovers around 40 wins and lowers that GAA even more so than where it currently is, it may be hard to go against him; especially considering most pundits did not have the Rangers pegged to be where they are.

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, siddious said:

I realize there are other good candidates but he most definitely should be among the favorites. 

Oh, definitely. I could just see it going to Sutter in Calgary or even Brunette in Florida who took over the Panthers mid-scandal and guided them to where they are.

28 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

A Norris winner, a Vezina winner, a potential 100 point winger and another winger who has 50+ goals.

What in the world?

Whats scary to me is how this tea mlooks after this season. Going to be a challenge keeping them all together