• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' First Round Opponent: Who Will They Play & Who Do You Most/Least Want Them to Play?

Pick who you think the Rangers will play, who you most/least want them to play.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Rangers play?

• Pittsburgh
    • Toronto
    • Tampa Bay
    • Boston
  2. 2. Who would you most want the Rangers to play?

3. 3. Who would you least want the Rangers to play?

34 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We have all been blessed to see this guy more often than most other fan bases. Can’t recall to many other times he stayed down like that in pain.

Of course I hope we sweep them like everybody else but I agree with you, I love watching the guy and do so every chance I get when we're not playing and have for too many years to count.

I’ve been pro-playing Pittsburgh all season. That being said, if Ovechkin has a significant injury to his shoulder (and honestly, when does that guy miss important games like tonight), that team is just ripe for the picking. An Ovechkin-less Caps team would likely be beat rather easily by anyone in this conference.

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’ve been saying it for months. Without sounding like a homer, it’s the only team in the East I would expect to beat us. Their style of play is the Rangers kryptonite.

It's not just that, it's specifically the best PK in the league versus one of the best PPs. That gets neutralized and it's a 5v5 battle, which gets lost more than won.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It's not just that, it's specifically the best PK in the league versus one of the best PPs. That gets neutralized and it's a 5v5 battle, which gets lost more than won.

Exactly.

Not to toot the Rangers horn, but not many teams can walk into MSG with a rookie playing because the starter and backup are both unavailable and seemingly not miss a beat against a well balanced team that, up until last night, had something to play for. 

Washington had every reason to play hard in order to avoid playing FLA but got spanked twice by the Islanders, so I'm not sure who we should want to play in the first round.  As for the last game:

Any Pitt win or OT/SO loss = Pitt

Pitt reg loss with any Wash loss = Pit

Pitt reg loss with any Wash win = Wash

So it's Pitt unless it loses in reg and Wash gets any win.