• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' First Round Opponent: Who Will They Play & Who Do You Most/Least Want Them to Play?

Pick who you think the Rangers will play, who you most/least want them to play.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Rangers play?

• Pittsburgh
    • Toronto
    • Tampa Bay
    • Boston
  2. 2. Who would you most want the Rangers to play?

3. 3. Who would you least want the Rangers to play?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's really as simple as there are three or four teams that are either better than us or just have our number, but we have Shesterkin. 

Right. So are they actually better? Up for debate. Hot goal tending can take you far in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

It's really as simple as there are three or four teams that are either better than us or just have our number, but we have Shesterkin. 

I agree.

The difference between this and the days with Henrik is that it was Henrik, and Henrik alone. Now, it’s Igor but it’s not as if it’s him against the world. The Rangers have firepower to back him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I agree.

The difference between this and the days with Henrik is that it was Henrik, and Henrik alone. Now, it’s Igor but it’s not as if it’s him against the world. The Rangers have firepower to back him.

I'd also give the D corps in front of Hank the edge over this year's D, but this year's scorers and the PP are way better than 2014.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'd also give the D corps in front of Hank the edge over this year's D, but this year's scorers and the PP are way better than 2014.

I'm trying to fathom how good this Defensive Corps is going to be in 2 years!!   With Igor behind these soon-to-be Thoroughbreds, we're going to have something very special in a couple of seasons!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm trying to fathom how good this Defensive Corps is going to be in 2 years!!   With Igor behind these soon-to-be Thoroughbreds, we're going to have something very special in a couple of seasons!!

*if they can be kept together 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

15 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

I agree with all of this, however they (and God willing, the Rangers) will still have to play the Panthers at some point.  THAT'S the team that worries me the most.....

Panthers have had an historically good regular season. They’re fantastic. But…

Theyre still completely untested as a playoff team. Bobrovsky has historically struggled in the playoffs. And other than the year they went to the Cup Finals vs Colorado in ‘95 and lost, they’ve never won another playoff series. 

11 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Looks like Pens or Caps.

Caps have 2 games in hand on the Pens and just 2 points behind them. 

It would just be poetic as fuck to play the Caps, and in a way cathartic. I love to root for chaos, so bring on the Caps.

56 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I feel like chaos is either Washington or Pittsburgh. Washington because of the Wilson shit; Pittsburgh because of the recent history.

What recent history? Sorry I'm blanking...

1 hour ago, Pete said:

What recent history? Sorry I'm blanking...

The end of the last game really. The fact that we clearly frustrated them, then the hit on Motte (not suspension worthy but a jolt), their losing it against us in the final seconds and the bullshit trash talk at the red line after the game, the Igor wave, etc. You know that if/when we meet, those clips will be shown over and over leading into the series, and questions will be asked about that.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

It seems like all possible first round opponents pose at least some problems.  Why can't the 1994 Islanders materialize for us?

Believe it or not they held tons of problems til we finally beat them before the playoffs….

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The end of the last game really. The fact that we clearly frustrated them, then the hit on Motte (not suspension worthy but a jolt), their losing it against us in the final seconds and the bullshit trash talk at the red line after the game, the Igor wave, etc. You know that if/when we meet, those clips will be shown over and over leading into the series, and questions will be asked about that.

Oh right, I missed that game but I saw the Igor thing on Twitter. 

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh right, I missed that game but I saw the Igor thing on Twitter. 

Yeah, it got a little silly. Motte hit aside, they were just trying to almost send a message like “this isn’t over” which I understand. But in doing so, they almost did a better job of showing their frustration than sending any type of message. I guess we’ll see if and when that series ever starts.

We'll get a better idea tomorrow night:

Oilers @ Pens, Pens lose tomorrow it will probably be Caps/NYR in Round 1.  

NYI @ Caps

Later in the week 

Caps @ NYI

BJs @ Pens

Caps @ NYR 

Pens lose tomorrow and Caps get 4 points vs NYI, Caps vs. NYR on Friday will be meaningless.  

the  2 most likely..

You get the Pens,you are playing against the refs and maybe Crosby and Malkin's last run

or

the Caps and maybe a fired up Ovie ,Wilson and a team that has gotten on a bit of a roll.

I don't wish for either really, wherever the cookie crumbles