• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Project the Rangers Playoff Lineup

fletch

4 hours ago, G1000 said:

Hard problem, because your new guys have fit like a glove, but it's still too top heavy.,

Drury brought in Copp, Vatrano, and Motte to give the bottom six a good deal more "pain in the ass" to play against. What's ended up happening is that Copp's slotted in where Kakko should be, Vatrano's slotted in where Laf was (which, fine, he was out of position), Motte's hurt, unfortunately.

I think you mix it up a bit around your core duos and see if you can get more consistency (or just win more matchups) out of something like this:

Kreider-Zib-Vatrano

Bread-Strome-Kakko

Laf-Chytil-Copp

Hunt-Rooney-Goodrow

Agreed. It's like @josh has been on about — spread the wealth/size.

Advantageously, he has games left, in

particular some games vs “lesser” opponents. So he has an opportunity to try different combinations somewhat and see what he’s got and what might actually work or is at least maybe an option that he’s ok with. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Agreed. It's like @josh has been on about — spread the wealth/size.

I'm thinking more along the lines of some of our matchups and leveraging the absurd luxury of having pretty high end talent all over the lineup. Andrew Copp, for example, is no more or less effective away from Panarin. He's been amazing with him, no doubt, but he has that swiss-army-knife versatility that lets him play wherever we need him. He can add serious value if we get to create a mismatch by having him center Kakko and Laf, for example.

31 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Its been 12 games since the TDL.  The top 6 has been unchanged outside of Strome's injury.  Now with 7 games left we think Gallant is gonna start experimenting?  

Think? No.

Should? Yes.

But even if he leaves the top-6 alone, he’s still got 7 forwards for 6 spots and no provenly effective deployment.

So yeah… I hope he fucking does. 

• Like 1

I mean, we saw what a good playoff team will do to this team. 

yeah, they should always be looking to improve the team. 

again, moving Panarin’s off winger won’t affect that line, but it could provide a huge boost to a different line.

no ones saying to put Fox with Braun and dress Georgiev at C 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

As we sit here with 48 wins, 2nd in the division, and 4th in the league I hope he keeps doing what he's been doing all year and makes few if any changes.

I hope be keeps playing Shesterkin. 

Otherwise, there's room for improvement. 

3 hours ago, josh said:

I mean, we saw what a good playoff team will do to this team. 

yeah, they should always be looking to improve the team. 

again, moving Panarin’s off winger won’t affect that line, but it could provide a huge boost to a different line.

no ones saying to put Fox with Braun and dress Georgiev at C 

I mean Copp is better than a PPG pace on Panarin’s line. Previously it had Hunt at like a 20 point pace. Even if you go Kakko, he’s what, a 30 point pace player? That indicates moving Copp off has a pretty damaging effect.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, rmc51 said:

As much as I would like to slot in Kravtsov, have to assume that's not happening.

What I would like to see for the forward group at the moment, upon Chytil's return:

Kreider - Zibanejad - Vatrano

Panarin - Strome - Copp

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Lafreniere - Rooney - Hunt/Reaves

Looks familiar!

With Kakko hurt, looks like it will be Laf-Chytil-Goodrow again though.

10 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Gallant basically saying he views the bottom 6 as two 3rd lines (no 4th line) at 18 seconds:

Actually what he's saying is there's 2 4th lines. "When you add up the goals, they're really close"...

• LOL 2
  • Bullseye 1

From what I've seen in the last few games (as preparation for playoff hockey) Laf and Kakko are going to be be buried on the third and fourth lines.  Gallant is going to ride the veterans, and I'm guessing neither Laf nor Kakko will sniff the ice in the last five minutes of a playoff game.