• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What's Up With Foxy?

Sod16

• Phil changed the title to What's Up With Foxy?

It almost feels like he's playing injured and at the same time putting too high expectations on himself. You can often see him visibly being annoyed/irritated with himself after he makes a bad pass or a bad play. At the same time, as Phil said, he's not as dynamic as last year. He's not head-faking and deking like he used to, or dance on the blueline as much.

He also looks a step slower and avoiding physical contact every time he can.

That said, he's still elite and producing at a p/pg pace. Trouba has taken steps this year so he's unloading him, which is good for the long run, Schneider is also demanding ice-time atm with his play.

I'm not worried at all tho. We know how good he is, it's not like he lost his brain over night. I think it's just a combination of playing a little injured/tired, new coach and that he just secured the bag. Rest him as much as possible for the playoffs now and he should be good to go.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Probably still injured or battling something. 

I'm thinking Pete's right.  He looks like he's playing hurt.  He's making turnovers that he normally doesn't and seems to be avoiding contact a bit. 

I'm really not too worried.  He'll be fine in a few games.

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

If he’s dealing with something, maybe sitting him for a night or two would be a good idea.

During the broadcast the last couple of games, or maybe Gallant's presser, it was mentioned that they were playing 7 defenseman because one them was "banged up a little".  I figured it was The Fox, since he logs so much ice time.

Now it makes sense...at least to me anyway...but I drink a lot!!  LOL

10 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I think fox is hurt it’s that simple. There were at least two instances last night where he completely shied away from contact. 

I’ve been saying Panarin is hurt for a while

now too. I don’t think it’s the system he’s just not doing the things we know he can do. 

Time yet again for a quick "Dear Uncle Larry"....

Dear Uncle Larry,

On behalf of some of the fellas up here who consistently feed you with valuable info, could you please ask a very simple question in the next "after game-presser"?

Simply put: "WHY IS THIS TEAM ALLERGIC TO SHOOTING THE PUCK ON GOAL"?

Thank you!

Your buddy,

Ozzy

• Cheers 1