• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#56) Rangers at Winnipeg Jets — Operation: Kidnap Mark Scheifele

43 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I didn’t see much of the game, were they quality 40+ shots?

No.  Almost all from the outside or bad angles.  Ehlers was basically the only one that was getting any quality looks.  

Welcome back once again, folks!!

........And here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Simon & Garfunkel, the authors of the theme song for Canada Life Centre:  "The Sounds of Silence"!

18 hours ago, rmc51 said:

His real name is Grigory McKeggnikov and he’s been called back to the motherland.

18 hours ago, josh said:

I’ve seen him handle the puck. He certainly isn’t Russian 

14 hours ago, josh said:

My angry edible kicked in and I didn’t even eat anything 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Next…

Crowd noise…

Wins…

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

I’m starting to think that the fans there are cardboard cutouts.

11 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Igor 10-0-0 when making 40+ saves. I don't know why the strategy isn't to just let him get shelled every game. Basically a guaranteed dubya.

43 "Ho-hum" saves for God in this one, and I think someone needs to set an alarm clock in this arena!!  Damn!  It was dead in there!!

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Kevin.  Dude, I think you're right!  A couple of those cutouts barely moved during the game.  I think they even filtered in boos for Trouba, but their timing was off a little!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Welcome back once again, folks!!

........And here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Simon & Garfunkel, the authors of the theme song for Canada Life Centre:  "The Sounds of Silence"!

43 "Ho-hum" saves for God in this one, and I think someone needs to set an alarm clock in this arena!!  Damn!  It was dead in there!!

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Kevin.  Dude, I think you're right!  A couple of those cutouts barely moved during the game.  I think they even filtered in boos for Trouba, but their timing was off a little!  LOL

James Franco Thank You GIF

I appreciate the effort you put forth with this Ozzy!  

Edited by Kevin
  • Cheers 2

The "Feel Good" story of the year, Big guy!    I adore this team!  Looks like they really enjoy playing for one another, and sticking up for one another too!

I think it's a reflection of the coach, and credit Gallant for that philosophy.  Having Igor back there also helps a bunch!  😉

5 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I didn’t see much of the game, were they quality 40+ shots?

Not at all. Few decent chances but nothing crazy. As others have said, just about everything was to the outside and were easy saves for Igor as he was able to see just about everything. Good night to pad his stats though.

15 minutes ago, LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN said:

you must have been watching a different game.

Pretty sure I was watching the same game everyone else was….

You mean to tell me you thought the Jets generated a ton of Grade-A chances last night? Don’t be blinded by the number of shots; many people, from the head coach to reporters to other fans on this forum all agreed that the number of shots last night didn’t really speak volumes for the way the game was played. A lot of those shots were all from the outside, and easy saves for Igor to chalk up. Not saying he didn’t make any difficult saves, but last night will probably be one of the easiest 40+ save nights you’ll see a goaltender have.