• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Patrik Nemeth on Injured Reserve Due to Lingering Effects of Covid

Drew a Penalty

I think I remember Gallant saying in a presser that it was something personal.  I can't seem to find it but I remember him saying like "he's going through hell right now".

Maybe it's drug related or a family situation.  Hope the guy ends up alright though.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think I remember Gallant saying in a presser that it was something personal.  I can't seem to find it but I remember him saying like "he's going through hell right now".

Maybe it's drug related or a family situation.  Hope the guy ends up alright though.

9 minutes ago, Karan said:

I don't think any of the beat writers have any clue what's been going on with this clue, the coaching staff have been very cryptic. Who the fuck knows anymore, but at this rate I'm not expecting to see him play again this season. 

It's a really weird situation. As bad as he's been, I don't want Nemeth to be suffering through anything. His non-Covid related illness that he was out for at the start of the calendar year has probably persisted, or at least that's my guess. Could also be tending to an ill family member. Whatever it is, it's probably not a run of the mill injury. Given his struggles, it's probably best for him to address whatever he needs to, and reassess his future here when he's physically and/or mentally able.

• Cheers 1

Seems to me that there are official announcements when players enter the drug rehab protocol per the CBA.  It's certainly strange that he was seemingly all ready to go and appearing in practice the day before the last game as a player in the lineup and then Gallant said "he's not ready."  

His $2.5 may be a real albatross in the future.  Can't buy out while injured.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yea, same.

1 hour ago, Karan said:

I don't think any of the beat writers have any clue what's been going on with this clue, the coaching staff have been very cryptic. Who the fuck knows anymore, but at this rate I'm not expecting to see him play again this season. 

I suggested this last time he was out and was laughed at (yes he came back technically) but it sounded then and now to me like he may not play here much going forward.

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Rangers sheltering him on LTIR so he can come back for the playoffs and be the missing piece to a Stanley Cup run

Lmao 

• Phil changed the title to Patrik Nemeth on Injured Reserve Due to Lingering Effects of Covid

Not sure when he had COVID, but, per the CDC:

Some COVID-19 survivors experience long-lasting fatigue, lung problems, joint pain, brain fog and other symptoms.

He really took a deep plunge in his play this year and I wonder if this was the cause. 

Regardless, just hope the guy is OK. We might not have liked him as a player during his stint so far but he's a human being too. 

• Like 1

**feel better 31, and the best to your partner as well

I don't think long haul covid issues is a stretch at all. All jokes aside about his play to date, the long haul symptoms can be extremely tough to deal with for anyone, even more so for a professional athlete.  I would go so far as saying they could be crippling for a professional athlete.  Again forgetting about his play I hope first and foremost he heals fully with no permanent long term effects. 

Edited by jsrangers