• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canadian Teams Continue Culling Coaches; Edmonton Cans Dave Tippett and Hires Jay Woodcroft

LindG1000

So that's...

Tippett in Edmonton

Ducharme in Montreal

Green in Vancouver

Maurice in Winnipeg (though he resigned)

Rough year to coach north of the border.

At this point, though, I can't help but wonder how much longer certain superstars want to hang on and deal with this endless tire fire. 

• LindG1000 changed the title to Canadian Teams Continue Culling Coaches; Edmonton Cans Dave Tippett and Hires Jay Woodcroft
17 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I get that firing the Coach always happens before the GM gets canned but like, Ken Holland is to blame for this mess the oilers are in right now.

I don't even know if that's true, either. This is Holland's first "normal" year as GM and he's still cleaning up Chiarelli's mess.

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

I don't even know if that's true, either. This is Holland's first "normal" year as GM and he's still cleaning up Chiarelli's mess.

He's directly responsible for a lot of the decisions that have landed them in the current predicament. I'm sure they'd love to swap Holland out ASAP if they could. 

McDavid has to be ready to leave I would think.  Something on that team doesn't work.  Their goalies rocking a 3.32 GAA and .900 SV% probably has something to do with it.  It's tough to play loose and relaxed when the goalie is letting in softies. 

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

McDavid has to be ready to leave I would think.  Something on that team doesn't work.  Their goalies rocking a 3.32 GAA and .900 SV% probably has something to do with it.  It's tough to play loose and relaxed when the goalie is letting in softies. 

The team also plays zero defense in front of their goalies....

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

He just built a beautiful home up there....(not that he can't afford to flip it and build another but.....just saying)