• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jarred Tinordi Assigned to Taxi Squad

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

Don't want to say it's a precursor to a trade but it might be. The ability to quickly sign Tinordi to Hartford might be what's needed to pull off the Chychrun?

They're at the 23 man limit. 

Could mean acquiring a player without moving a roster player, or simply being able to call someone up if Kakko and/or Chytil have to miss a game. (No emergency call up as they have extras on the roster) 

2 minutes ago, josh said:

They're at the 23 man limit. 

Could mean acquiring a player without moving a roster player, or simply being able to call someone up if Kakko and/or Chytil have to miss a game. (No emergency call up as they have extras on the roster) 

Yeah, they play tomorrow so if they're activating Barron, they'll need the roster spot. Probably more likely.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I know it's not much money, but still. I wouldn't have given either of them more than one. It is easy to dump, though, yes.

I mean, that's just not how contracts work in the NHL. Hardly anyone signs for one year and if they do, they're likely guys who suck and got bought out.

Just now, ThirtyONE said:

Right, except not even Tinordi sucked enough to accept a one year deal. 

He makes barely any money so ultimately it just doesn't matter at all. We have how many millions in cap space?

I know it's not a huge deal at all. I just didn't like giving he and Nemeth those terms, or contracts in general But, they're easily dismisable anyway as contracts and players.

12 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Never saw the point in signing this guy.  If he's got a one way and he goes to Hartford next year, part of his 900 will count against the cap, and every penny of wasted cap will hurt next year.

The threshold is 1.25m before it counts against the cap, so he wouldn't count against the cap

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Actually wouldn't be surprised if he gets claimed. 

Who cares? Same with hajek.

That's been my issue the entire season - no roster flexibility. And these guys don't even play. Both should have been waived prior to the start of the season when everyone else gets waived and no one gets claimed. 

• Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Never saw the point in signing this guy.  If he's got a one way and he goes to Hartford next year, part of his 900 will count against the cap, and every penny of wasted cap will hurt next year.

One way I believe just means he gets paid the same whether he plays in the NHL or AHL doesn't impact the cap hit at all does it?

I stand corrected, but according to this, the threshold this season is $1,125,000.  In any event, I see little point in having a guy like this in Hartford at $900 when a regular AHLer could be had for a fraction of that, especially when Bitetto is already down there.  Big body.  Yeah, big load.

https://puckpedia.com/minimum-nhl-salary-buried-cap-hit

Edited by Sod16

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Thank you for your game-winner against the Ducks. Happy trails.

Didnt realize that was only his 2nd career goal lol. He didnt get one in the NHL until his 8th professional season.

Doubt he gets claimed. Totally fine having him in Hartford. Sending him down will be good to clear roster spots.

15 hours ago, josh said:

Who cares? Same with hajek.

That's been my issue the entire season - no roster flexibility. And these guys don't even play. Both should have been waived prior to the start of the season when everyone else gets waived and no one gets claimed. 

Oh, I agree. He's a decent depth/toughness option,  but not someone that affects the molding of the rest of the team.  No need to hold on to him. Hajek is a guy I'm sure can go elsewhere and play. I'd rather him in the lineup over Nemeth,  but I'm in the minority there. I'm with you though. If you're not going to use him or rotate him in and out, as well as play rookies over him, why is he here?