• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko Stinks

Phil

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

Hot garbage isn't fire.

Lafreniere plays as weak as Chytil.  Maybe more. He's so afraid of contact and is weak along the boards. Puck is like a hand grenade on his stick. He can't get rid of it fast enough if there's the possibility of being touched. 

They both stink though. 

No one plays as weak and soft as Chytil,Laf has some nice hits this season as well so I wouldn't say he's soft. He has been overpowered a lot on the boards,hopefully that's part of becoming a man and filling out.

I don't agree with puck being a hand grenade on his stick,that's more Kakko imo. Kakko Never seems to do anything smooth, he's flubbed so many chances when he actually decides to attempt a shot which is  few and far between.

1 hour ago, br-avery said:

No one plays as weak and soft as Chytil,Laf has some nice hits this season as well so I wouldn't say he's soft. He has been overpowered a lot on the boards,hopefully that's part of becoming a man and filling out.

I don't agree with puck being a hand grenade on his stick,that's more Kakko imo. Kakko Never seems to do anything smooth, he's flubbed so many chances when he actually decides to attempt a shot which is  few and far between.

I don't agree with this at all, Kakko has shown he can come out of tight spaces with the puck, and that he can hold onto it in the O zone and make a play. His issue is that he has literally ZERO production to show for it.

Lafreniere never has the puck in his stick for more than half a second, even when he has room to skate with it. He usually just dumps it in, sometimes he'll make a pass to a player in a area of the ice where he has no chance to shoot or score.

They are both terrible right now. Chytil is the only thing that makes the other 2 look decent.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't agree with this at all, Kakko has shown he can come out of tight spaces with the puck, and that he can hold onto it in the O zone and make a play. His issue is that he has literally ZERO production to show for it.

Lafreniere never has the puck in his stick for more than half a second, even when he has room to skate with it. He usually just dumps it in, sometimes he'll make a pass to a player in a area of the ice where he has no chance to shoot or score.

They are both terrible right now. Chytil is the only thing that makes the other 2 look decent.

I don’t know I don’t see Kakko making many good passes with all that possession.
Marcel Hossa was good along the boards too .

Kakko has had no production all season while playing top six mins , minus the 5 game stretch ? Where it looked like he was figuring out .

But yes both are struggling and yes Chytil has been even worse somehow 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, br-avery said:

I don’t know I don’t see Kakko making many good passes with all that possession.
Marcel Hossa was good along the boards too .

Kakko has had no production all season while playing top six mins , minus the 5 game stretch ? Where it looked like he was figuring out .

But yes both are struggling and yes Chytil has been even worse somehow 

Kravtsov looked better than both right off the bat

what a shame he had bitch brain because if he wasn't such a dick he sure would have looked nice with 10-16

water under the bridge

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Hard to watch the kid play right now. You hate to compare him to lafreniere all the time but laf at least for the past three months looks like a decent player. I have literally no idea what kakko is doing at any point 

Kakko is lost offensively 

21 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Hard to watch the kid play right now. You hate to compare him to lafreniere all the time but laf at least for the past three months looks like a decent player. I have literally no idea what kakko is doing at any point 

We're really gonna watch a 60-70 point player on a Cup contending team walk out the door so we can keep Kakko? There must be a better way?!?!

• VINNY! 1

Not trying to defend him or anything, but the guy has played 40 games this year, almost all of them are months ago. He's played 3-4 games since coming back, had a two-goal game and wasn't bad the games I watched. Have to remember he's been out for months and bounced between lines and linemates all the time.

He's entire career has been disappointing, but he wasn't useless in the beginning of the season (although not putting up the points we want him to). I'm not trying to justify anything, just find all this recent "hate" a bit weird considering the guy has played like 5 games since january.

Just weird seing all this hate after 3-4 games after being injured. If you want him traded because of the injuries etc I get that, but the guy is not useless, nor stinks. I don't get this "we can't pay him 2m because he suck" talk. 2m for a defensive responsible 3rd line RW who puts up 15g,30p with a ceiling way higher is not an overpayment. That's actually a really good value contract.

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

He wasn’t good before the injuries either - this thread is way longer before than after 🙂

Yeah true. I should've probably listen to myself lol

On 1/12/2022 at 5:34 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You know what, I'm done with this kid. Actually I'm done with every fuckin' kid in this organisation. I'm not gonna excited about a player before he's proved for atleast half a season that he's a good hockey player that can play in the NHL. How do we get a #2OA and #1OA AND THEY BOTH SUCK?? Seriously what is this bs.

• LMFAO 1

I'm way more willing to be patient with Lafreniere, Kakko, in order.

Here's where I am with Chytil. Fuck this scrub. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • VINNY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

After watching last nights game I'm thinking it's time to think about moving Kakko & Chytil.

Try to get something for these guys before their value continues to decline.

Last night was their chance to take over a game and shine and they showed just about nothing.

Call up Montreal and see what Gorton will give for Kakko, Chytil, Lundkvist & Kravtsov.

He drafted them, maybe he wants them.

2nd place is a nice finish without basically any contribution from any of those 4.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

I'm going to devils advocate this for a second because I think we can all agree on two things:

1 - Kakko has far higher potential than what he's shown on a regular basis

2 - Kakko has not earned any significant raise

Those of you calling for a trade...have you looked at our cap for next season? Who are we adding at under 2m or so who can give us more on the RW than Kakko?

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I'm going to devils advocate this for a second because I think we can all agree on two things:

Those of you calling for a trade...have you looked at our cap for next season? Who are we adding at under 2m or so who can give us more on the RW than Kakko?

I really can't see Drury breaking the bank for this kid.  And he has no legs to stand on stat-wise in a negotiation.  If there was ever a lower priced "prove it" contract in the making, I would think this is it.

Not sure about Chytil though...I'm not seeing/feeling any future in him.

34 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Trivigno or Othman

They really going to produce less? I don't think so.