• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would it Take to Get Zuc for Chytil?

Go Blue

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

6m cap hit for two more seasons. No thanks. 34 years old. He still is a good player and would fit but no. Monetarily it makes no sense. 

I loved his “tude “

a cooler butch goring

did I date myself?

Edited by Go Blue
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Retaining 2mil?

Under 10m cap space going into this upcoming offseason and need to replace Geo, reup Kakko, figure out how to keep Strome, replace or hope Rooney accepts the same deal, reup Blais, figure out what to do with Gauthier... 

Now imagine with Zucc even with half retention at 3m.  

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I don’t see why Minnesota would entertain this. They’re finally in a competitive position and Zuccarello is a big part of that because of his dynamic with Kaprizov. 

The only way they would is because of the cap issues  they caused themselves when buying out Suter and Parise.

Starting next year they have 12m in dead cap space for 22/23, 14m dead cap in 23/24 and 14m dead space in 24/25. 

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I don’t see why Minnesota would entertain this. They’re finally in a competitive position and Zuccarello is a big part of that because of his dynamic with Kaprizov. 

Between this and the cap implications, end of story.