• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers at Arizona Coyotes — If They Lose, We Riot!

Phil

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Trivia is Messier I believe. That arena opened around Christmas in like 2002 or 2003, and I remember watching that game and Messier scored. So I’d imagine he scored our first goal in their older arena too.

I could only think of nedved.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Hajek is as Bill Parcells might say, a JAG, just another guy. He really hasn't shown much. He's here because Lundqvist, Jones and Schneider aren't quite ready. It's why Tinordi and Nemeth are here too(and the less said about Nemeth's awful multi year contract, the better). Whether any of those 3 youngsters lock down a lineup spot between now and the end of the season, who knows. 

Miller has shown a lot more than any of them. Simply hasn't done so every night. 

Chytil....jeez. Looks like night after night he is just along for the ride, no value added. Doesn't go to the net, doesn't shoot, doesn't dish to his linemates, easily bodied at the blue line. NYR are playing without a 3rd line. 

Totally seeing different things as far as the 3rd line goes. While they are a little inconsistent they are putting a lot of pressure on opponents  They're getting shots and some quality chances, which can't really be said for the other lines. Chytil goes to the net, makes plays around the net, but he's snakebitten at the moment. I have little issue with that line save for Lafreniere really not really upping his game daily. 

IMO Hajek has never gotten a leash to be an everyday player. He's more than just some scrub. I think he could force the issue by showing Gallant that he deserves to be in there. That or he plays well enough to gain interest from another team. Not much has gone the kids way so far with the Rangers. Including getting consistent playing time, or the benefit of the doubt from his past coach. 

He's no worse than Nemeth or Tinordi. Play him.I think he can still put it together with a coach supporting him.