• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#23) Rangers vs Chicago Blackhawks — Chica-Go for 6!

Phil

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

One big thing missing right now is Zibanejad just not filling the net. Other than that, overall, it's hard to complain much.

I was thinking the same thing. It’s nice to think we still have all this success without him really going yet. Good problems to have.

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

There's a difference between talking up a goalie or complimenting someone when they've done well in a particular instance. 🙄

He looked like shit all game. I don't think he did well at all. One decent save. Hopefully this springboards him to acceptable future performances. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

One big thing missing right now is Zibanejad just not filling the net. Other than that, overall, it's hard to complain much.

Absolutely

its not like Zib is inert but we are winning and I’m certain he will find a groove

2 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

What game were you watching? He was steady. Those two goals against were bullshit. I'm not much of a georgiev fan but can give him credit when it's due.

I’m fairness I didn’t think he looked very good either. Flopped a lot, stabs at saves, and was helped a lot by the post.

Had his moments though. In the end, wgaf. We won. We do need an upgrade there though. 

1 minute ago, Shane Falco said:

What game were you watching? He was steady. Those two goals against were bullshit. I'm not much of a georgiev fan but can give him credit when it's due.

Did you watch that first period? Guy was doing 360s in his own crease. Looked lost. 1st goal was pretty shitty. Not sure how he doesn't get in position for that rebound. 

Post bailed him out a few times. Steady? I guess. I cringe every shot against. With good reason. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

When Georgiev came out for second star, he was looking like, 'Do I have to?'. 🤣

Yeah. He just looks like a guy that wants no part of being a Ranger. Could just be his overall stoic way to him though. Hard to tell but with the rumors of him asking out….

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed, but I like the opportunities he's been getting.  He's trying lots of different things and isn't constantly setting up for that off wing 1 timer. Not sure Kakko fits on that line. Not sure he fits any line......

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Yeah. He just looks like a guy that wants no part of being a Ranger. Could just be his overall stoic way to him though. Hard to tell but with the rumors of him asking out….

Yeah, he's very clearly miserable and wants out.

Just now, The Dude said:

Agreed, but I like the opportunities he's been getting.  He's trying lots of different things and isn't constantly setting up for that off wing 1 timer. Not sure Kakko fits on that line. Not sure he fits any line......

Yeah, it certainly isn't for lack of effort, but just Imagine the team if he really gets hot. Kakko still looks good. I think he fits on that kids line, but nobody is really finishing there. He didn't do anything at all with Panarin.

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

There's a difference between talking up a goalie or complimenting someone when they've done well in a particular instance. 🙄

Became a 1 goal game, what ever idiocy the refs did, because he did not cover the puck.Georgiev looks like has has no idea where the rebound is going often. 

23 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Your expectations are unreasonably high and that’s probably why you’re always miserable about this team

Who says I'm miserable about the team? Because I think Georgiev sucks and feel they need to switch up the D?? Because I can honestly say Dryden Hunt isn't very good?

I've been ecstatic over the kid line, been saying Panarin is about to bust out for weeks, praising Gallant.. Just because I don't suck Drury's dick and don't think it's a good idea to drop top prospects for rentals doesn't mean I'm miserable.  

You don't have to like every aspect of the team you know.  So... 

Edited by The Dude

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, he's very clearly miserable and wants out.

Yeah, it certainly isn't for lack of effort, but just Imagine the team if he really gets hot. Kakko still looks good. I think he fits on that kids line, but nobody is really finishing there. He didn't do anything at all with Panarin.

Goals will start coming for Zibanejad soon. He's getting chances and he's playing with Kreider,  who will start getting more attention from defenders,  giving Zib more room and ability to be a bit more creative. 

That kids line runs through Gauthier, whom does a shit ton that doesn't get enough attention around here. So, I don't see how Kakko can go there. I didn't mind him with Panarin. Seemed to compliment that line with a lot of different looks and generated more chances. I guess I have to give him more time to find his niche on this line. 

Edited by The Dude

If we went exactly .500 over the remaining 59 games for us, we still would end up in the 45/46 win range. We are in such a great spot. 

And this isn’t luck. This is a very good team. It always was a very good team that needed two things. To believe in themselves and to have a coach that believed as well and put them in successful positions to succeed.