• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Most Likely to Trade for a Defenseman?

fletch

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Actually I don't see Miller taking less money at all, that's just my two cents.

I think you are more likely to see Strome take a reasonable deal. It would really come down to who you prefer as a player, and while I prefer Miller, I just don't see him taking that New York friendly deal the way Strome may. 

i agree.  it's more reasonable to expect Strome to take a friendlier deal just to stick around with the team he's had most success with.  I'm sure he understands that he may not be able to put up same amount of point if playing for a differnt team without Panarin on his wing.  

Miller, on the other hand, would probably want a long term contract to take him into retirement or close to it.  

Just now, Pete said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that. The guys wearing an A, but you're just going to let him walk at the end of the season?

Big concern, and all things creating equal, I agree with liking Miller as a player a tad more but I like consistency in the known rather than the unknown and losing assets. I’d hope by now extension with Strome is in the works. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that. The guys wearing an A, but you're just going to let him walk at the end of the season?

if its true that they're not expecting to re-sign him, i think it's telling that the organization thinks a cheaper option at C could match or come close to Strome's production.  

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Big concern, and all things creating equal, I agree with liking Miller as a player a tad more but I like consistency in the known rather than the unknown and losing assets. I’d hope by now extension with Strome is in the works. 

or at least try to trade him at the deadline and get something in return

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

if its true that they're not expecting to re-sign him, i think it's telling that the organization thinks a cheaper option at C could match or come close to Strome's production.  

Well they think that player is Chytil. 

It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong or put their faith in the wrong player.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well they think that player is Chytil. 

It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong or put their faith in the wrong player.

possibly.  maybe someone else.  I think the reason Strome had success with Panarin is because he's a "passive" center, where he would get the puck and pass it to Panarin or Kakko.  He's not the one driving the play.  Chytil is the opposite of Strome where he wants to skate with the puck himself, therefore he may not work with Panarin.

or maybe they're looking for other options outside the organization

6 minutes ago, CCCP said:

or at least try to trade him at the deadline and get something in return

I dont really think there is any way they trade Strome unless things go so drastically wrong that we are in the basement at the trade deadline. This year is very very much about making and making noise I’m the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I dont really think there is any way they trade Strome unless things go so drastically wrong that we are in the basement at the trade deadline. This year is very very much about making and making noise I’m the playoffs.

making the playoffs---yes.  Making noise---not with this defense