• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Is the Biggest Waste of Money?

Phil

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Both me and my wife hate staged photos so we declined having a photographer. Pics with our parents could have been a bit better but other than that we really enjoyed all the candid shots people sent us afterwards. Great way to save some money if you dont care for those "romantic" photos a lot of people seem to hang up on the walls. 

just admit you didnt want to shell out few grand for a professional.  

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

just admit you didnt want to shell out few grand for a professional.  

i didnt want to shell out a few grand for any of it. With that said it was one of the best nights of my life so I am glad we did. 

Just now, CCCP said:

i've been wearing glasses since i was 14.  People never think i know what i'm talking about, especially on this board

Only you Simon

Edited by siddious
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Funny you mention photographer. Ours cancelled on us 8pm the night before the wedding. We were livid. 

We probably would have been better off. Put it this way. Our venue was a beautiful 300 acre farm with a nicely rebuilt barn,  with a stream for our ceremony, cows, sheep... This dummy got zero pics of the scenery. Our family pictures are garbage, our ceremony pictures are garbage. But she got a great picture of the catering van. Some grapes. Pictures of people on their phones.. pictures of people taking pictures.  Catering staff... 

Hopefully the videographer did better. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, siddious said:

Both me and my wife hate staged photos so we declined having a photographer. Pics with our parents could have been a bit better but other than that we really enjoyed all the candid shots people sent us afterwards. Great way to save some money if you dont care for those "romantic" photos a lot of people seem to hang up on the walls. 

Fuck a photographer, a sick videographer is well worth it.

• Applause 1

43 minutes ago, siddious said:

We figured that's what we paid for LOL. (We also hate those fake ass staged poses). Nope. We got grapes.. We have asked all who attended to send us ANY pictures they took. 

on that overall topic, big weddings in general.

Dont get me wrong, I've been to some really fun weddings as a guest and Im happy to be a part of people's days if it's what they want to do.

With that said, my wife and I got married in our backyard. we didnt invite all those distant relatives you feel obligated to invite but don't actually care about that much (no joke, at my sister-in-law's wedding, there were cousins on my wife's side that didn't remember which cousin was which. they thought they were at my wife's wedding and not her sister's), had a fun party, with about 35 people, and all got blackout wasted till about 5 am and everyone had a great time.

I've been to some over the top weddings, where you know the couple didn't have the money for it, and are going into debt for the rest of their lives for one night. And I've heard behind the scenes stories of those weddings of the nightmares it is planning them, with parents and other family members forcing costly things on them and guilting them about a ton of stuff.

Nervously awaiting the results of our photographer. She has a great resume but was a huge bitch especially to the venues employees

We invited 160 and had 135 total attend. Very expensive but we recouped like 25% of it already in the 15% of cards we've opened

Biggest waste of money is def going out to bars and then the drugs you eventually buy after 3 beers

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Nervously awaiting the results of our photographer. She has a great resume but was a huge bitch especially to the venues employees

We invited 160 and had 135 total attend. Very expensive but we recouped like 25% of it already in the 15% of cards we've opened

Biggest waste of money is def going out to bars and then the drugs you eventually buy after 3 beers

al pacino drugs GIF

• LOL 1

On 11/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, Ozzy said:

I never had any kids, and never got married, so I can only take what you guys say as truth....I believe you, though....Trust me!!!  I've seen most of my friends go through all that!!  ...and then-some!!

I can tell you from a single guy's perspective though.  Here are my top 3:

• Drinking is definitely a waste of money....and what's more is there are those times I can't even remember what fun I had while I was out ripping it up.  I still don't really spend as much as I used to though.  Most of the extra spending is tipping.  I'm usually a pretty good tipper...or so I'm told....sometimes too good!!  😉

• Next up is Sports cars.  Yeah, I love them, and I've had 4 Corvettes, a '95, '99, 2004 Convertible, and now the 2019 Convertible.  They're a fucking blast to drive, but I hardly ever get a chance to take the old hot rod out anymore.  The weather sucks 6 months out of the year, and add in the fact that most drivers on Long Island drive like old people fuck....slow and sloppy!  My 2019 has only 9k miles on it.  The '04 I ran to the moon and back (149K miles) before it just fell apart like the Blues Brothers car at the end!  LOL

• Lastly, is musical equipment...
    I have 7 guitars and only 2 arms!  I love to play them but I'm never satisfied with just one.  My Les Paul sounds great, and the Strat-o-Caster still feels great in my hands, but gimme that Martin 12 string acoustic...man, that thing rings out nice!  The problem is the electronic shit like pedals and amps.  Trying to keep up with all the new shit they make is damn near impossible.  After a while I said Fuck it.  I settled for a sound that somewhere in between Randy Rhodes and Boston.

Some of those Martins are really expensive though...My D41 was $9,500 bucks....fucking salesman saw me coming, that's for sure!!!  LOL

Corvette's and Guitars here, too!!!!

Currently on an '06 C6. I'm always a generation behind. The C8 came up before I could get into a C7! Lots of Paul's, strat's a few Tele's and others. My only Martin is  a Clapton 000-28. Sounds like angels singning