• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Chytil on IR With Upper-Body Injury

Phil

• 3 months later...

I'm sure he had something wrong at some point. Imo the reason he's the player he has proven to be this far into his career is he lacks any sort of toughness (heart). I'm not in anyway talking about fighting, driving guys through the boards etc. He plays the game as soft as you can possibly play it, it avoids contact as much as humanly possible and rarely can be found in the dirty areas of the ice.  I'm not surprised in anyway by his comments.  I would love to see him gone but I can't see him having much value at all at this point. I'm also looking past this season not just whatever is left in this one.

You want an example of why a rebuild is tough in NY, Chytil is a shining example. He wasn’t a highly touted top 2-3 kid out of the draft like Kakko and Lafreniere, who have been far more disappointing to expectations by comparison. At draft time he probably wasn’t even expected to be in the NHL until around the age he is now at 22. He was better off not making the team so early and playing in the AHL to be honest. It’s certainly been disappointing that he hasn’t (yet) taken a step forward this year, but his season has largely been derailed by multiple things. Not least of which is a revolving door of suckage on his wings.

With that said, he won’t and shouldn’t hold up a trade that makes the Rangers a better team now. But I wouldn’t be actively seeking to trade him either. Plenty of time in his career yet.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You want an example of why a rebuild is tough in NY, Chytil is a shining example. He wasn’t a highly touted top 2-3 kid out of the draft like Kakko and Lafreniere, who have been far more disappointing to expectations by comparison. At draft time he probably wasn’t even expected to be in the NHL until around the age he is now at 22. He was better off not making the team so early and playing in the AHL to be honest. It’s certainly been disappointing that he hasn’t (yet) taken a step forward this year, but his season has largely been derailed by multiple things. Not least of which is a revolving door of suckage on his wings.

With that said, he won’t and shouldn’t hold up a trade that makes the Rangers a better team now. But I wouldn’t be actively seeking to trade him either. Plenty of time in his career yet.

Yup.

Super young still. Best part of his hockey is still in front of him. If moving him brought back the right kind of add, ok.

This stretch through rest of season and playoffs are big for him. 

The fanboi-ism is real.

Chytil fanbois blame Lafreniere. 

Lafreniere fanbois blame Chytil.

In reality, neither player have done nearly enough, and they are responsible. 

It's not Chytil fault that Lafreniere doesn't excel at any one tool to make him an effective NHLer and it's not Lafreniere fault that Chytil now fears physical contact so much that he spends the entire game avoiding it and thus never has the puck.

Frankly it's time to cut bait on Chytil because just like last year he has no role. He's an offensive player who plays on the 3rd line with no PP time and there's no way he should be trusted with a larger role. 

His value to improving the team is as a trade chip. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

39 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Theres nothing to 'fanboy' about Chytill at this point, but he has flashed some skill and potential thats not necessarily worth giving up on yet - depends on the return 

Oh there definitely are fanboys... Meant not as a knock. But there are clearly people rooting for these players, despite what we see on the ice.

It's just kind of funny to see an entire third line of trash and people blaming the wings and the center, as if any one of the three players on that line were really doing anything worth talking about.