• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dylan Strome

Keirik

With Kravtsov being on the outs possibly, this is a potential trade target. Think he’s a healthy scratch, there’s is the connection with Ryan, 24 years old, former 3rd overall, rfa next year with arb rights, 3m cap

Dylan Strome
Center
Born Mar 7 1997  -- Mississauga, ONT 
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots L

Selected by Arizona Coyotes round 1 #3 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013-14  Erie Otters                 OHL    60   10   29   39   11  14   3   6   9   0
2014-15  Erie Otters                 OHL    68   45   84  129   32  20  10  12  22  12
2015-16  Erie Otters                 OHL    56   37   74  111   44  13  10  11  21  12
2016-17  Arizona Coyotes             NHL     7    0    1    1    0  --  --  --  --  --
2016-17  Erie Otters                 OHL    35   22   53   75   18  22  14  20  34  14
2017-18  Arizona Coyotes             NHL    21    4    5    9    8  --  --  --  --  --
2017-18  Tucson Roadrunners          AHL    50   22   31   53   28   9   3   5   8   2
2018-19  Arizona Coyotes             NHL    20    3    3    6    6  --  --  --  --  --
2018-19  Chicago Blackhawks          NHL    58   17   34   51   14  --  --  --  --  --
2019-20  Chicago Blackhawks          NHL    58   12   26   38   16   9   2   1   3   2
2020-21  Chicago Blackhawks          NHL    40    9    8   17   14  --  --  --  --  --
2021-22  Chicago Blackhawks          NHL    Statistics Unavailable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         NHL Totals                        204   45   77  122   58   9   2   1   3   2

Edited by Keirik

• Phil changed the title to Dylan Strome
14 minutes ago, josh said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

If you’re goi g to be losing a guy like Kravtsov, and you’re in on thinking this team is building to compete, I don’t see it as horrible. You aren’t getting top dollar for Kravy and at least then he’s out in the central where you don’t face him often.  His 18/19 season shows the talent is there, he can play wing or C. Might keep Ryan here for a tad cheaper and if he doesn’t, Dylan’s even with arb rights wouldn’t command a ton and kicks the can down the road. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

If you’re goi g to be losing a guy like Kravtsov, and you’re in on thinking this team is building to compete, I don’t see it as horrible. You aren’t getting top dollar for Kravy and at least then he’s out in the central where you don’t face him often.  His 18/19 season shows the talent is there, he can play wing or C. Might keep Ryan here for a tad cheaper and if he doesn’t, Dylan’s even with arb rights wouldn’t command a ton and kicks the can down the road. 

Only move that makes sense (Kravtsov or not) is an upgrade.

I'm not seeing it in Strome, or, at least I'm not sure his 2021 totals of 1:21 penalty killing and his 8 hits really fit the needs of the team.

13 minutes ago, josh said:

Only move that makes sense (Kravtsov or not) is an upgrade.

I'm not seeing it in Strome, or, at least I'm not sure his 2021 totals of 1:21 penalty killing and his 8 hits really fit the needs of the team.

Maybe but a guy like Kravtsov is at an all time low value. It’s not going to increase at any point without a relationship repair with this organization that I don’t see happening. The. It becomes a point of do you let him rot out of spite or do you at least get something also at an all time low value that has potential. Guess it’s like looking for Sam Bennet 2.0

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Maybe but a guy like Kravtsov is at an all time low value. It’s not going to increase at any point without a relationship repair with this organization that I don’t see happening. The. It becomes a point of do you let him rot out of spite or do you at least get something also at an all time low value that has potential. Guess it’s like looking for Sam Bennet 2.0

You just do what Tampa did with Drouin.  Eventually Drouin reported because he realized sitting out wasn't helping him get traded.  He then played in Tampa the following year and scored like 50 points in 70 games and was traded for Sergachev.   They don't have to trade Krav right now.

• Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

You just do what Tampa did with Drouin.  Eventually Drouin reported because he realized sitting out wasn't helping him get traded.  He then played in Tampa the following year and scored like 50 points in 70 games and was traded for Sergachev.   They don't have to trade Krav right now.

I dont move him unless its an upgrade.

Drouin is a good example. Same with Puljujarvi. Not a time to sell low. Andersson still got a 2nd, and that/he was worse than this.

• Applause 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, Long live the King said:

Yeahhhh, but Drouin was a 3rd overall pick in a very deep draft. He went on to play a 73 games in the NHL after finally accepting his assignment with the Bolts before they moved him that off season.

Kravstov was seen as a reach at 9th overall, is seeking his own trade and has the option of going to the KHL to make money. I think the situations are a bit different.  

A pouting Drouin landed Sergachev and a 2nd. I think we're lucky if the Rangers can get a 2nd for Kravtsov as he's unproven and wasn't a top 3 pick in his draft. I hope to fuck I'm wrong and he can bring back something of value.  

The Post has also learned the Blackhawks have quite naturally talked to the Rangers about Dylan Strome, Ryan’s younger brother who has been a scratch for the first four games of the season, but there has not necessarily been a link to Kravtsov.

The 24-year-old Dylan Strome, selected third-overall by the Coyotes in 2015, recorded 57 points in the 2018-19 season in which he was traded to the Blackhawks with Brendan Perlini for Nick Schmaltz. The center then posted 38 points in 58 games in 2019-20 and 17 points in 40 games last season. Strome, who will become a restricted free agent after the season, carries a $3 million cap hit.

There is no indication that talks between the Blueshirts and Blackhawks have progressed to any meaningful degree or that the Rangers do in fact have interest in the younger Strome.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/vitali-kravtsovs-real-reason-for-rangers-unhappiness/

• 1 month later...

The more I read about the situation in Chicago, the more I think we need to pry Dylan Strome from them. If your thinking is Chytil is a 3C, then Strome is likely a better fit with those wingers as he is a playmaker with great vision.

Thinking Laffy can benefit from a center who can not only handle the puck, but dish it back.

Chytil just ain't that.

Strome is a talented but underachieving guy with two goals and three assists this season. He’s a little one-dimensional, with world-class vision and All-Star hands but AHL feet. He’s never been, nor will he ever likely be, a complete 200-foot player. Approaching his 25th birthday, he probably is what he is at this point of his career.

###

Is Strome — who’s at his best in a freewheeling, improvisational track meet — an ideal fit for that style? No, not at all. But neither is Kane. And if you’re going to win 2-1 or 3-2, you still have to score two or three goals. They gave up none against an inept Canadiens team on Thursday and it still felt like they barely won.

But here’s the really perplexing thing: Strome has been playing well lately. In all zones. He hasn’t become Marian Hossa overnight or anything, but in the four games since he returned to the lineup on Dec. 2, Strome led the Blackhawks in points per 60 with 2.65. He was fourth on the team with a 57.51 Corsi percentage. He was eighth with a 55.71 expected-goals-for percentage. The Blackhawks allowed only one goal in more than 45 minutes with him on the ice at five-on-five. In just three more minutes of five-on-five ice time over those four games, Toews was on the ice for three goals against. In just 10 more minutes, Hagel was on the ice for four goals against. In 24 more minutes, Kane was on the ice for five.

Everyone watching could see it. The Blackhawks even tweeted a picture of a smiling Strome during the morning skate, posting, “It’s game day and Dylan Strome is very excited about it.” It was a perfectly fine and justifiable tweet of a relatively prominent and fan-favorite player who had been playing well. When King revealed an hour later that Strome was scratched, Strome was scratched from Twitter, too — the tweet was deleted and replaced with a picture of Hagel. Ouch.

https://theathletic.com/3008113/2021/12/09/lazerus-the-blackhawks-are-holding-dylan-strome-to-a-different-standard/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Edited by Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

The more I read about the situation in Chicago, the more I think we need to pry Dylan Strome from them. If your thinking is Chytil is a 3C, then Strome is likely a better fit with those wingers as he is a playmaker with great vision.

https://theathletic.com/3008113/2021/12/09/lazerus-the-blackhawks-are-holding-dylan-strome-to-a-different-standard/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

I think you brought him up once in a thread, Pete.  Actually, I think I'd be happy with any of the 3 mentioned;

I like JT miller, and I believe he'd be a good fit.
Also Giroux would be a big help, especially at this stage of his career in what he could do on the ice and for the young guys...not to mention him still being a pretty good player.
Dylan Strome is also good fit in my eyes, as he is a young man himself, and has a lot in the tank.  He's also a RFA at the end of the season, and it may be an incentive to play with Ryan here.  That may, or at least I hope, make a more team friendly deal for both brothers that will help us relieve a little cap pressure.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1