• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dylan Strome

Keirik

no thanks.  enough Stromes for one team.  JT Miller is also a pipe dream right now IMO.  Vancouver just changed coaches so they're most likely looking to compete and not blow the team up.  so unless they completely shit the bed i doubt they'll be moving their primary pieces.  

The more i think about Giroux, the more i like it.  Not sure how feasible it is to get him for decent return

1 hour ago, Phil said:

For Chytil. The trade is one-for-one.

I’d be all for that. Chytil is a better trade than Hajek just to reset on the position. Maybe you get a brother discount.who knows. Unlikely but ffs, chytil gives absolutely nothing here. Probably more of Chytil + futures though. 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’d be all for that. Chytil is a better trade than Hajek just to reset on the position. Maybe you get a brother discount.who knows. Unlikely but ffs, chytil gives absolutely nothing here. Probably more of Chytil + futures though. 

Strome, to me, is a better fit for Lafreniere, anyway. He's one-dimensional, but that dimension is playmaking — something Chytil doesn't do well at all. Chytil is more of a goal-scoring center. Hawks can't score at all, so it might be relatively easy to sell them on his upside.

I also think you can kick the can down the road on Strome's extension. He's a pending RFA, but he hasn't done nearly enough to warrant a sizable raise. I feel like you can get him signed to a one-year extension at a moderate price, probably right around what he's making right now. His current cap hit is $3 million, but his total salary this year is $3.6 million, so maybe exactly that?

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

Strome, to me, is a better fit for Lafreniere, anyway. He's one-dimensional, but that dimension is playmaking — something Chytil doesn't do well at all. Chytil is more of a goal-scoring center. Hawks can't score at all, so it might be relatively easy to sell them on his upside.

I also think you can kick the can down the road on Strome's extension. He's a pending RFA, but he hasn't done nearly enough to warrant a sizable raise. I feel like you can get him signed to a one-year extension at a moderate price, probably right around what he's making right now. His current cap hit is $3 million, but his total salary this year is $3.6 million, so maybe exactly that?

Nemeth and Geo have to go, you need some league minimum salaries in there next year to do what we need to do.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nemeth and Geo have to go, you need some league minimum salaries in there next year to do what we need to do.

I think that's true regardless of whether this deal gets done or not. I think you can replace both of them with replacement level, say $1 million players, and you actually save $1 – $1.5M per on each of them.

On Strome, I'm just guessing on salary, too. Fact is, he's doing very poorly on a bad team, so it may even be plausible that he doesn't sign his QO at all and just signs a one-year deal worth less than what he makes now. A prove it deal.