• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #5: Rangers vs Devils, 7pm, MSG

Phil

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

There is good reason to be concerned about Miller.  Weak second half last year and now a weak camp.  We've got too many other options to leave him in the top 4 if this continues.

Someone needs to steal something from him. Just like last season. 

• LOL 1

The McDonough deal was great, but is Adam Fox the most lopsided in team history? This guy’s trophy was clearly not a fluke and we got him for a 2nd and a 3rd. I mean he’s in his third year and is about as phenomenal on d as everyone but mcdavid is up front. Like he makes two passes last night most defensemen in the league can’t make and he makes it look easy. What a olayer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The McDonough deal was great, but is Adam Fox the most lopsided in team history? This guy’s trophy was clearly not a fluke and we got him for a 2nd and a 3rd. I mean he’s in his third year and is about as phenomenal on d as everyone but mcdavid is up front. Like he makes two passes last night most defensemen in the league can’t make and he makes it look easy. What a olayer.

and just think people were pissed the Rangers gave up an extra 2nd round pick for him.  

Zibanejad + 2nd round pick for Brassard + 7th round pick is also a winner

9 hours ago, Sod16 said:

There is good reason to be concerned about Miller.  Weak second half last year and now a weak camp.  We've got too many other options to leave him in the top 4 if this continues.

It doesn’t help that he’s paired with Trouba who couldn’t play effective defense even if hockey was played with a beach ball. 

Welcome back once again, folks!!

........And here are the nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT:

14 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

we got an excuse me from Sam in the first minute—is that 2 shots??

.....I'll look into this rule, Shesty!!  ?

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate that in the last 8 games we've played, both Tom Wilson and PK Subban were removed from the game for their own protection?

We're fucking psychos.

12 hours ago, Tonybologna said:

MSG has the WORST commercials, and they never change. I know this is nothing new but fuck...I want to blow my head off hearing them over and over.

After further review, the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to:  @G1000 for pointing out that the Rangers went from pussies to "America's Most Wanted" in 8 games!!!

The Office Congrats GIF

• Phil unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I really think he only wanted to come to the Rangers, though, so Carolina really didn't have a whole lot of leverage there in a trade. But, we'll take it. lol One of the best moves ever.

but you know well that "little" fact will be forgotten by history

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

For sure. Well, at least by Rangers fans anyway. I've seen plenty of feedback about it from non Rangers fans, and they won't forget it.

i can see something like "20 best trades in NHL history" on NHL network and Fox trade ranking #2 or #3 and how Carolina got fleeced and the Rangers got a Norris Trophy winner.  No mention of him wanting only to play for the rangers

Just now, CCCP said:

i can see something like "20 best trades in NHL history" on NHL network and Fox trade ranking #2 or #3 and how Carolina got fleeced and the Rangers got a Norris Trophy winner.  No mention of him wanting only to play for the rangers

Exactly. Everyone knew he was basically holding out to play in New York. It's great for the Rangers, but I completely understand most others not being too fond of it.

4 hours ago, Valriera said:

Modern history has to be Anson Carter for Jagr at 50%

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I also remember when Sather traded Igor Ulanov or something for Pavel Bure. That was great. Bure was injured most of the time he was here, but still fun.

Bure here was awesome, him and Jags just gave a new life to the fans who lived thru the dark ages.  Too bad his knees were Reeved and he had to retire.  He was still fairly young

4 minutes ago, josh said:

Modern history has to be Anson Carter for Jagr at 50%

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I also remember when Sather traded Igor Ulanov or something for Pavel Bure. That was great. Bure was injured most of the time he was here, but still fun.

If sather was half as good signing free agents as he was at trades the rangers would have been a dynasty. 

Just now, siddious said:

If sather was half as good signing free agents as he was at trades the rangers would have been a dynasty. 

those were 'gimme' trades tho.  Washington was trying to get rid of Jagr who didnt work there and they were starting a rebuild.  Florida wanted to just get rid of Bure because he was damaged goods.  Both teams took anything that was offered.  no others wanted a part of Bure or Jags

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Bure here was awesome, him and Jags just gave a new life to the fans who lived thru the dark ages.  Too bad his knees were Reeved and he had to retire.  He was still fairly young

Yeah Bure was definitely a beacon during those crappy years. It was just a damn shame about the knees when he got here. He would have been Jagr-esque for sure over the long haul.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Pretty much. I always remember when he was with Edmonton, he'd say, "If I had the Rangers' payroll, I'd never lose a game". So, he comes here and is actually awful with money, but great with trades. Go figure.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Spooner for Strome also.

This is the winner for me.  

Spooner played 25 games in Edmonton, got sent down, got traded again to Vancouver, played 11 games there, and now lives in Russia.  I guess he didn't understand what those coaches were saying either...

In the meantime, Strome has the 52nd most points in the entire league since coming to the Rangers.  Over the past 2 seasons, only 27 players have scored more points than Strome.  

Really need an upgrade at 2C. ?

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

This is the winner for me.  

Spooner played 25 games in Edmonton, got sent down, got traded again to Vancouver, played 11 games there, and now lives in Russia.  I guess he didn't understand what those coaches were saying either...

In the meantime, Strome has the 52nd most points in the entire league since coming to the Rangers.  Over the past 2 seasons, only 27 players have scored more points than Strome.  

Really need an upgrade at 2C. ?

That's pretty incredible really, Panarin or no Panarin.