• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dave Chappelle: The Closer

Phil

55 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

People are already trying to cancel him for it. So I assume it was really funny lol

Fucking awesome. Now I want to watch it immediately. Might just fire it up during the day!

https://www.newsweek.com/transgender-netflix-employees-staging-walkout-protest-chappelle-special-1638718

Glad to see the big wigs at Netflix sticking up for him here.

Transgender employees at Netflix are staging a companywide walkout in protest of the platform's latest Dave Chappelle comedy special and the company's subsequent defense of the stand-up set.

In an internal organizing message obtained by The Verge, one of the leaders of Netflix's trans employee resource group wrote to other employees: "Trans Lives Matter. Trans Rights Matter. And as an organization, Netflix has continually failed to show deep care in our mission to Entertain the World by repeatedly releasing content that harms the Trans community and continually failing to create content that represents and uplifts Trans content. We can and must do better!"

The group is reportedly planning to walk out on October 20.

Despite the pushback, Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos defended the special, sending an internal email to staffers last week that confirmed the streaming platform would not be taking it down.

"Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long-standing deal with him," Sarandos wrote in the e-mail, which was obtained by Variety. "His last special 'Sticks & Stones,' also controversial, is our most watched, stickiest and most award winning stand-up special to date."

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Edited by Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

There's a way to re-position that to make it sound less like it's all about the money.

It's more like, "Hey LGBTQ community, you don't run the world, and we don't have to pull down content that YOU dislike, because other folks like it and PS—you're not the only community who he pokes fun at. YOU can choose not to watch it."

JFC this guy comes out raging against white people all the time...It's fucking comedy, the last bastion. If you don't like it, don't watch it...Just like if you don't like gay marriage, don't get gay married.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

On 10/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, Morphinity said:

I still maintain anyone looking to protest this special either didn't watch the whole thing or totally didn't understand it because their outrage wouldn't let them.

It's the same bullshit from the "woke gang" all the time. They scream and cry but won't listen to what's actually being said. Its like arguing with 5 year olds, its just impossible.

Awesome special again from the goat of comedy. Especially loved the story about his trans friend, I really thought that would open some of these people's eyes, but I guess that's not possible.

• Like 1