• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Strome: What Now?

shestYORKin

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Ryan Johannson—i really like his game. But im just throwing a name out there. Like I said, i dont know who might be available. We’re not on the inside 

RyJo makes $8 million for the next four years. His P/GP have fallen to just 0.5 the last two years running (41-point pace).

I'd categorize that as a downgrade in every possible fashion. More expensive and worse. Literally.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

RyJo makes $8 million for the next four years. His P/GP have fallen to just 0.5 the last two years running (41-point pace).

I'd categorize that as a downgrade in every possible fashion. More expensive and worse. Literally.

So? Strome was a 35 point player before playing with Panarin 

8 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Ryan Johannson—i really like his game. But im just throwing a name out there. Like I said, i dont know who might be available. We’re not on the inside 

That's a huge risk to take. Johanssen hasn't scored 20 goals in eight years. He's nine years removed from 30. He had seven in 48 games last year.

I can't think of a worse suggestion when the argument is basically "Strome isn't good enough." I'm not paying more for less just to gain two inches and 18 lbs.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's a huge risk to take. Johanssen hasn't scored 20 goals in eight years. He's nine years removed from 30. He had seven in 48 games last year.

I can't think of a worse suggestion when the argument is basically "Strome isn't good enough." I'm not paying more for less just to gain two inches and 18 lbs.

...what I wouldn't give to gain 2 inches!!  That would double the size of......Oh wait!! 

...and I'm keeping Strome....all day!  I sure can't think of anyone that's going to fit any better than he has.  He has great chemistry with Panarin and it's working.  No need to fix what ain't broken in my book.

• LOL 2