• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Midnight Mass

Drew a Penalty

--

Another horror-drama series from Mike Flanagan. I already tore through this because I'm a big fan of his and loved it. Don't go into it remotely expecting anything like Hill House or Bly Manor. It's a different type of horror that maintains a lot of Flanagan's trademarks like a slow burn, lots of character development, dialogue and monologuing. Hill House is definitely creepier but this might be my favorite piece Flanagan has done so far. I thought it was really well developed.

• Applause 1

35 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Bly wasn't that great, but I thought it picked up the last three episodes or so, they were really good. Midnight Mass has been excellent so far, I have two episodes left that I'll be finishing today.

Bly could have been 3 episodes shorter.

Just now, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

On episode 5, very bored.  Can barely pay attention and not sure what's happening. 

There are scenes with a lot of talking which I thought they could have shortened but I am surprised you are bored. Lot more action in the last two episodes.

10 minutes ago, siddious said:

There are scenes with a lot of talking which I thought they could have shortened but I am surprised you are bored. Lot more action in the last two episodes.

Probably because they already lost me.  It could be more interesting than I'm aware but I'm barely following it as a look at crap online.  It was way too much dialogue at the beginning.  Plus even though I'm sure it will have some purpose and is the point of the show, all of the nonstop religious talk kind of gets on my nerves.  

Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing

3 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

On episode 5, very bored.  Can barely pay attention and not sure what's happening. 

Sounds like me and Bly lol.  I can't tell you how many times I had to rewind it because I just stopped paying attention and took out my phone.  Then I was like fuck what is happening, let me rewind.  Rinse and repeat.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:21 PM, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Probably because they already lost me.  It could be more interesting than I'm aware but I'm barely following it as a look at crap online.  It was way too much dialogue at the beginning.  Plus even though I'm sure it will have some purpose and is the point of the show, all of the nonstop religious talk kind of gets on my nerves.  

Must be a thing. I can't watch much these days. I used to hate when I'd watch a movie/show with someone and they couldn't bother to pay attention. Now that's ME.  Ugh.

On 10/22/2021 at 3:01 PM, Phil said:

Phenomenal series. I really wish there was a second season coming. ?

The way it ended, no need for a second season. The writers signed on to do I think it’s 7 series like this, they are doing Edgar Allen pie’s the Fall of the House of Usher, and he has a couple of more series he is working on that are like this.

I know why they aren't doing another, but that doesn't mean you couldn't.

Spoiler

The "angel" had its wings torn up, but was still flying away. Could it have made it thirty miles? We don't know, but it's possible. Maybe it landed in the ocean and was picked up by some passing ship? Would have been fun, maybe, or maybe not. So much of what made this such a success was the small island town/community, so it's hard to say if they'd have been as successful trying to replicate it elsewhere.