• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

January 28, 2022 - Henrik Lundqvist Night

Morphinity 2.0

Head to the Hulu Theater on January 28th for the Henrik Lundqvist Retirement Night Viewing Party. Join fellow Rangers fans as we celebrate the illustrious career of a Rangers legend. Catch every second of the live broadcast and enjoy special appearances and interviews with Henrik and Rangers alumni, ticket sweepstakes with upgraded in-arena seats, Vezina trophy photo-ops, giveaways, and more.

DOORS OPEN:

5:00 PM ET

EVENT START TIME:

5:30 PM ET

LIVE BROADCAST OF THE CEREMONY:

6:30 PM ET

LIVE BROADCAST OF THE GAME:

8:00 PM ET

• 3 weeks later...

Nice fluff piece article. It's great to get some feedback from McDonagh, Staal and Girardi. This is going to be one hell of a night!

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/true-blue-teammates/c-329443862?icmp=int_web_nyr_news_henrik_dl_220107

Henrik Lundqvist played with 222 different teammates during his legendary 15-year career with the Rangers. The three players who suited up with him for the most games as a Blueshirt were three stalwarts who helped him defend the Rangers' net - Marc Staal (767), Dan Girardi (754), and Ryan McDonagh (484). Each player spoke to NYRangers.com to share his memories of Henrik and the great teams they played on together.

raw.jpg

Agreed. I can’t wait to see which players from yesteryear they bring back for the night. Obviously Zuccarello. Wonder who else. I’m sure there’s a good chance guys like Girardi, Callahan, Dubinsky, Valiquette, probably even Avery, will be there. With Covid, I’m sure it may be tough to get some of the guys from Europe over. Guys like Gaborik, who he was very close with, Jagr, Straka, Prucha, Sjostrom, etc. But man, when you think of all the guys he played with, could be a real big throwback. I’m sure it’ll be a special night.

Edited by RichieNextel305

For what it’s worth, if any of you are free, on MSG Network right now is the first Lundqvist-Lundqvist matchup. The reason I say this is because this may be the very best regular season game Henrik ever played. I remember watching this game (December of 2006) and couldn’t believe how sharp he was. We won 5-2 but could have lost 20-5 if not for Hank. He was wildly good. Of all the games he stole, this may be his biggest heist. The Rangers were HORRIBLE and he stole a win.

Edited by RichieNextel305

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Unless the NHL has a pause, there is no way they postpone that game. They know what people have paid to go, and they know the ramifications. I hate to say that’s a factor, but it likely is. I can’t see them moving it unless it absolutely cannot be played. 

If 10+ players on the wild are out with Covid the NHL isn’t going to just say tough shit to the Wild. There are games canceled all over the place and not just Canadian teams. As far as I remember, the Wild haven’t been hit yet too hard by Covid like some other teams. They have two players in Covid and 5 previous players that had it. 

There are no ramifications really. Lundqvist night can be a different night and the same people that paid to get in for it that day would still hold the tickets for whenever it’s rescheduled to. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

But that night they play minnesota, it's not like he could take off any night he wants to.

Well if the game was postponed it would still be made up against the Wild at home on another date, no? Or am I reading this wrong? 

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well if the game was postponed it would still be made up against the Wild at home on another date, no? Or am I reading this wrong? 

Oh right. I thought you were saying just do Lundy night another night. 

• VINNY! 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I know I asked earlier in the thread, but I really am curious to see which Rangers of yesteryear are going to be in the building next Friday for the banner raising. Henrik’s Ranger career spanned across so many different “eras” that it’ll be interesting to see all joined together for one special night.

Yeah, it will be fun to watch. I'm really happy it's against Minnesota so Zucc will be there!

Gotta think the "younger" retired guys will come atleast. Girardi, Dom Moore, Marty, Richards etc.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah, it will be fun to watch. I'm really happy it's against Minnesota so Zucc will be there!

Gotta think the "younger" retired guys will come atleast. Girardi, Dom Moore, Marty, Richards etc.

I’d say guys like Girardi, Weekes, Callahan, Richards, MSL are for sures. I wonder if guys like Avery and Nash, and maybe some of the European guys like Gaborik will be there.

The still-active players there isn’t anything you can do anything about, like Stepan and McDonagh, etc.