• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Daddy Come Home

Phil

It’s funny. I thought about making a thread about it. It just makes too much sense. Shesty got his money so there is no way he could feel slighted, Geo blows, and it’s time to right a wrong. Just get it done and watch the Garden rock on opening night.

Plus if we get hot down the stretch since we expect to make the playoffs? Woah. That’s a story and something to ride.

It should definitely happen. Lundqvist has to know he's not sniffing a starting role anywhere. This situation, where the Rangers probably don't want to overwork Shesterkin his first full 82 game season, is actually prime for Lundqvist to get more games than a lot of other landing spots.

Yeah, I think it makes sense, even though Lundqvist won't have played in over a year, on top of not being very good for a couple of years prior to that. But, at this point it's not really a big deal. As long as he's healthy and feeling good, go for it.

I totally did a 180 on this. You guys are right about this one! This needs to get done. :thumbs:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I’m Drury I’m offering a professional tryout. See how he does at camp. Win win situation. Obviously he would have to accept but being the competitor he is I think it would work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, I could see Hank taking that as a smack in the face. Offering a PTO instead of a one year contract.

I don't know, I could see Hank taking that as a smack in the face. Offering a PTO instead of a one year contract.

Yeah maybe, didn’t think of it that way. But I think with such a severe procedure and not having played in over a year he is high risk (to an extent). I’m happy to sign him but if he never plays a game I think it starts to look a bit ridiculous from both sides, and I’m not sure either party would want that.

Sorry to crash all the sentimental romance, but I don't remember him being very good in his last year or two playing.

Was better or even with Georgiev, whom many came in their pants over, for some reason. I roll with Lundqvist as the backup and call up Kinkaid (if he can squeak through waivers) if Lundqvist fails.

Gives them more leadership and possibly a mentor for both Shestyorkin as a goalie or Lundkvist as a countryman to go along with Zibanejad and Nemeth.

Sorry to crash all the sentimental romance, but I don't remember him being very good in his last year or two playing.

Georgiev 20-21: 19GP, 8-7-2, 2.71GAA, .905%.

Lundqvist 19-20: 30GP, 10-12-3, 3.16GAA, .905%.

I don’t think there is going to be much difference in production only in age and Georgiev cost the extra 1.4mil. — with the rumor that Geo wants traded just grant the wish, besides his production against the Islander he's been a dissapointment.

Sorry to bring you back to reality but if you had a must game backup situation, please explain why you think Geo is even remotely thr guy you’d feel more comfortable with?

If I’m Drury I’m offering a professional tryout. See how he does at camp. Win win situation. Obviously he would have to accept but being the competitor he is I think it would work out.

If I’m Drury I say fuck pro tryout, apologize for our mistake and welcome our king home

Scrolling through old Hank threads and seeing how many people wanted him gone, to keep Georgiev... Same people saying Georgiev is trash now and bring back Lundy a year later is just so satisfying haha.

I was probably one of them, Pete!!

It wasn't so much Hank, it was that contract...but we say that for a Trouba and Kreider nowadays too. It doesn't look to me like Georgiev has any future to be a starter here, and Hank does seem to be a very solid fit to be Shesty's backup.

Hopefully Hank is healthy and ready to play again...I haven't heard any news on him lately, but if he's good to go, I'm on board!

I was probably one of them, Pete!!

It wasn't so much Hank, it was that contract...but we say that for a Trouba and Kreider nowadays too. It doesn't look to me like Georgiev has any future to be a starter here, and Hank does seem to be a very solid fit to be Shesty's backup.

Hopefully Hank is healthy and ready to play again...I haven't heard any news on him lately, but if he's good to go, I'm on board!

Only the Rangers can buy out a legend only to have him go on LTIR the following season on his new team. How did they not use the known heart issue as an out from his contract and avoid more buyout money against the cap?

Only the Rangers can buy out a legend only to have him go on LTIR the following season on his new team. How did they not use the known heart issue as an out from his contract and avoid more buyout money against the cap?

I don’t think they wanted him around. Nothing really makes sense except ‘they’ didn’t want him here, anymore.

Actually don't want him back as much as I love him

Think it will be a distraction for Igor and his psyche especially if he struggles

Be looking over his shoulder the entire season.

Real good point. I may have to flip and side with you on this one...it's probably for the best to pass on Hank.

Looking over his shoulder at what? A 39 year old recovering from heart surgery on a 1 year deal... Right after the Rangers paid him the most money ever for a goalie in their 2nd contract or something like that?

Highly unlikely. If that bothers him, I would question his mental toughness more than I already do.

Hank coming home would do little except please the fans. Kreider is about the last and only player to have any history with Lundy.

I’m not sure why anyone would think he’d be a mentor to Shest, more than likely that would be a strain.

Id much rather a younger goaltender get those reps in practice and easier NHL games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking over his shoulder at what? A 39 year old recovering from heart surgery on a 1 year deal... Right after the Rangers paid him the most money ever for a goalie in their 2nd contract or something like that?

Highly unlikely. If that bothers him, I would question his mental toughness more than I already do.

You word it like it's an older Keith Kinkaid they would be bringing in.That 39 year old is a HOF Rangers icon. The media and fans would be chomping at the bit to get Hank more starts any time Igor has a bad game or lets in a bad goal. I'm not too worried about Igor's psyche per se, but it probably is an unnecessary distraction.