• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MTL Draft Controversial Prospect, Logan Mailloux

Keirik

Significant why? It got passed around on his phone or by text? That matters.

I'm still coming back to...talking about it and showing pictures of it are pretty much the same ... But people HERE are normalizing talking about it because they know they did it when they were young and it's challenging their belief system.

What matters here is that she didn't consent to having a picture of her naked body taken whilst engaged in some kind of act with Mailloux. That's the line. Mailloux passing around the photo makes it way, way, worse.

We all talked about who we banged when we were young - shit, we still do - but we don't go "here's a picture my wife/gf doesn't know exists of me rawdoggin' her". It's not the same.

If Mailloux were in this position for simply going to his group chat and being like "Just nailed Inge, what a fuckin pair of tits on that one" - we'd all be asking what the fuck he did wrong.

What matters here is that she didn't consent to having a picture of her naked body taken whilst engaged in some kind of act with Mailloux. That's the line. Mailloux passing around the photo makes it way, way, worse.
How do you know she was naked? I haven't seen a description of the photo.

Did Mailloux pass around a physical phone and show his team, or a digital copy that could be uploaded to the internet. Answer this question specifically, because it matters.

We all talked about who we banged when we were young - shit, we still do - but we don't go "here's a picture my wife/gf doesn't know exists of me rawdoggin' her". It's not the same.

I'm not touching this because you're muddying the waters.

If Mailloux were in this position for simply going to his group chat and being like "Just nailed Inge, what a fuckin pair of tits on that one" - we'd all be asking what the fuck he did wrong.

yeah, this is pretty much my point.

How do you know she was naked? I haven't seen a description of the photo.

Did Mailloux pass around a physical phone and show his team, or a digital copy that could be uploaded to the internet. Answer this question specifically, because it matters.

He shared the photo in the team group chat. He didn't pass a phone, he passed a photo.

I'm not touching this because you're muddying the waters.

I'm not, though. It's literally what this guy did. I can't comment on the details of the image, but it is a like-for-like analogy. How do you think it's different?

He shared the photo in the team group chat. He didn't pass a phone, he passed a photo.
Got it. Didn't know that. That matters.

I'm not, though. It's literally what this guy did. I can't comment on the details of the image, but it is a like-for-like analogy. How do you think it's different?

At this point I have to think you quoted the wrong thing. I don't talk about nailing my wife to my friends, what would be the point of that? Unless the fathers out there are just congratulating each other on their ability to get laid, because that's my life... and there are never pics involved cuz why?

And to be honest it's just a BS tactic because nobody sends around nudes of their wives and says "look at this kill."

Agreed. Did this make it on the internet?

Not sure — it's noted he shared it with team mates, but I haven't read how. If he texted it to them, or shared it in some kind of group chat, it's certainly possible. If it did, what he did is even worse.

All we can hope is that as a society we learn form it but I’m 100% sure no one will. This literally happens so much more often than most realize. While I certainly can’t speak for anyone, I just think the ease of a camera at all times within arms length makes this so much more prevalent. What used to be “guys, you’re not going to believe who gave my buddy a handy in the girls bathroom” has now turned into “I managed to snap i pic x giving me a quickie in the bathroom” in terms of acceptance. It needs to change but I doubt it does. It’s just too easy to do and most parents never have conversations with their children about this stuff when they hand them their first cell phone. The shit I’ve unfortunately seen. It’s freaking wild.

Got it. Didn't know that. That matters.

At this point I have to think you quoted the wrong thing. I don't talk about nailing my wife to my friends, what would be the point of that? Unless the fathers out there are just congratulating each other on their ability to get laid, because that's my life... and there are never pics involved cuz why?

And to be honest it's just a BS tactic because nobody sends around nudes of their wives and says "look at this kill."[\B]

And they shouldn’t be doing that to people that aren’t their wives either. That’s the point. Sorry to bring your wife into it but if you can’t see the difference, idk what to tell you.

maybe flip that example. What if you met someone she hooked up with before you met her and they told you about it. Then Said, “I have a video of it she doesn’t know about here watch it.” Do you see the difference?

You’re entire logic has been “yeah what the kid did is wrong but, it’s basically the modern version of telling your buddies you got laid”

The modern version of telling your buddies you got laid is to tell your buddies you got laid. Not sneakily film the girl you did it with and spread it around without their consent or knowledge.

Your logic is absolutely awful and comparing the two is disgraceful.

You’re defending the complete violation of bodily autonomy (yes, control over who views/experiences your body or sexual acts is bodily autonomy). You can nitpick all you want but you’re doing exactly what Montreal did by taking him (or any other team that was going to take him in the next round, yes it’s not just Montreal) and ignoring the depravity of his actions because it’s not as bad as beating and violently raping someone so it’s not so bad.

It’s a form of sexual assault. It’s Mailloux taking control and ownership over the victim’s body and not factoring in any form of consent. And he’s not facing any repercussions for it. Idk how you can sit there with a straight face and defend it. Because on the one hand you say it’s a serious thing but on the other compare it to just bragging to the boys about getting laid. So clearly you don’t actually think this is a big deal.

And they shouldn’t be doing that to people that aren’t their wives either. That’s the point. Sorry to bring your wife into it but if you can’t see the difference, idk what to tell you.

maybe flip that example. What if you met someone she hooked up with before you met her and they told you about it. Then Said, “I have a video of it she doesn’t know about here watch it.” Do you see the difference?

Why don't you take your own advice and flip it to asking a woman if it's OK with her for you to TELL all your buddies she blew you, but not OK to show them a pic of it. Report back what WOMEN think. I'll wait here.

You’re entire logic has been “yeah what the kid did is wrong but, it’s basically the modern version of telling your buddies you got laid”

The modern version of telling your buddies you got laid is to tell your buddies you got laid. Not sneakily film the girl you did it with and spread it around without their consent or knowledge.

Your logic is absolutely awful and comparing the two is disgraceful.

Your inability to understand something that's been explained to you no less than 5 times is what's disgraceful. I'll do it one more time, slowly.

I'm pointing out hypocrisy here. I think BOTH bragging about and showing a pic of this are awful. YOU keep trying to say that a pic is worse. Why? Proabably because you did a lot of bragging about shit like that when you were Mailloux's age, so to absolve that behavior you're saying one is worse than the other...When in reality they are both equally terrible from the girl's POV. But if it makes you feel better to say that one is worse than the other, because it absolves your own behavior, then do that. I'm also using the collective "you" because even G1000 said something like "We all used to talk about girls that way"...OK, so own the shitty behavior and don't try to act holier than thou.

You’re defending the complete violation of bodily autonomy (yes, control over who views/experiences your body or sexual acts is bodily autonomy). You can nitpick all you want but you’re doing exactly what Montreal did by taking him (or any other team that was going to take him in the next round, yes it’s not just Montreal) and ignoring the depravity of his actions because it’s not as bad as beating and violently raping someone so it’s not so bad.

It’s a form of sexual assault. It’s Mailloux taking control and ownership over the victim’s body and not factoring in any form of consent. And he’s not facing any repercussions for it. Idk how you can sit there with a straight face and defend it. Because on the one hand you say it’s a serious thing but on the other compare it to just bragging to the boys about getting laid. So clearly you don’t actually think this is a big deal.

Shows a complete lack of understanding of my point. It's my turn to say if you don't get it, I don't know what to tell you because it's pretty fucking simple and I laid it out for you.

By the way, it's also against the rules here to put words in someone's mouth, so don't fucking keep repeating that I don't think this is a big deal when I've already said 5 fucking times here that not only is it a big deal, it's just as bad to do it verbally.

Maybe I should start throwing out that apparently, YOU are OK with all of this happening verbally to a woman, as long as it doesn't happen in pictures. As long as we are throwing around bullshit arguments and making shit up out of thin air.

I'm not defending what he did, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy and flat out lying about the facts of the case. He faced the repercussions laid out by the law. If you have an issue, take it up with Sweden, not me. Do I think he paid enough of a price? No. But I also don't get to make that decision. But when we're talking about the facts of the case, be fucking accurate. It's really the least you can do, since you're fabricating my stance and all.

Why don't you take your own advice and flip it to asking a woman if it's OK with her for you to TELL all your buddies she blew you, but not OK to show them a pic of it. Report back what WOMEN think. I'll wait here.

Your inability to understand something that's been explained to you no less than 5 times is what's disgraceful. I'll do it one more time, slowly.

I'm pointing out hypocrisy here. I think BOTH bragging about and showing a pic of this are awful. YOU keep trying to say that a pic is worse. Why? Proabably because you did a lot of bragging about shit like that when you were Mailloux's age, so to absolve that behavior you're saying one is worse than the other...When in reality they are both equally terrible from the girl's POV. But if it makes you feel better to say that one is worse than the other, because it absolves your own behavior, then do that. I'm also using the collective "you" because even G1000 said something like "We all used to talk about girls that way"...OK, so own the shitty behavior and don't try to act holier than thou.

Shows a complete lack of understanding of my point. It's my turn to say if you don't get it, I don't know what to tell you because it's pretty fucking simple and I laid it out for you.

By the way, it's also against the rules here to put words in someone's mouth, so don't fucking keep repeating that I don't think this is a big deal when I've already said 5 fucking times here that not only is it a big deal, it's just as bad to do it verbally.

Maybe I should start throwing out that apparently, YOU are OK with all of this happening verbally to a woman, as long as it doesn't happen in pictures. As long as we are throwing around bullshit arguments and making shit up out of thin air.

I'm not defending what he did, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy and flat out lying about the facts of the case. He faced the repercussions laid out by the law. If you have an issue, take it up with Sweden, not me. Do I think he paid enough of a price? No. But I also don't get to make that decision. But when we're talking about the facts of the case, be fucking accurate. It's really the least you can do, since you're fabricating my stance and all.

is that what you've been saying? because you've done a piss poor job of it

What he did is the 2021 version of "she blew me". Did you ever tell a friend that a girl blew you? Is that a crime? Where's the line?

How's it different than telling a friend a girl blew you?

Yea, that is a terrible take. It's a terrible take on what I actually said. I'm not sure it's a video, thought it was a still, but even so..You have yet to explain why a video is worse than just telling everyone that the girl blew you. What's worse about it? That's it's visual? What's the real impact?

Significant why? It got passed around on his phone or by text? That matters.

And in response to

“If Mailloux were in this position for simply going to his group chat and being like "Just nailed Inge, what a fuckin pair of tits on that one" - we'd all be asking what the fuck he did wrong.”

This was your response

yeah, this is pretty much my point.

But it’s not your point. You have literally been saying you think those are equal. So if your thought on these two things is that they are equal, and we should be asking ‘what the fuck he did wrong’ if he just told his friends about it, then I can only assume that’s how you feel about the pictures

is that what you've been saying? because you've done a piss poor job of it

And in response to

“If Mailloux were in this position for simply going to his group chat and being like "Just nailed Inge, what a fuckin pair of tits on that one" - we'd all be asking what the fuck he did wrong.”

This was your response

But it’s not your point. You have literally been saying you think those are equal. So if your thought on these two things is that they are equal, and we should be asking ‘what the fuck he did wrong’ if he just told his friends about it, then I can only assume that’s how you feel about the pictures

Well we know what happens when you ASSume.

But marvelous job selectively cherry picking posts that are part of completely different conversations with two people other than yourself, and trying to string those together in a narrative that justifies your completely overblown outrage.

I've made my point and explained it enough so I'm pretty much done here. I'm gonna go talk hockey, you can keep up your virtue signaling.

• 5 months later...