• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jakub Chychrun

Phil

6'2", 210 lbs. Eats huge minutes against top talent.

Yotes are in complete disarray. They're rebuilding, again, and are only going to get worse. Why would Chychrun want to stick around for this?

I'd send 'em Miller for Chychrun and not bat an eye lash. Chychrun-Fox for the next four-plus years would do wonders to reduce the pain of knowing it's not McDonagh-Fox.

6'2", 210 lbs. Eats huge minutes against top talent.

Yotes are in complete disarray. They're rebuilding, again, and are only going to get worse. Why would Chychrun want to stick around for this?

I'd send 'em Miller for Chychrun and not bat an eye lash. Chychrun-Fox for the next four-plus years would do wonders to reduce the pain of knowing it's not McDonagh-Fox.

Interesting plan but why would they take Miller? Cap relief?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

30 goals in tjr last two years. I highly doubt they take Miller as a straight swap. They would want more and I'm not sure we need more extensive money in 4.6 tied up on d when we will already have to make some tougher decisions on d eventually.

Interesting plan but why would they take Miller? Cap relief?

Because they're rebuilding. He's 21 and has two more years on his ELC before his second contract. They also only have three defenders signed beyond next season — OEL, who wants out, Chychrun, and Lyubushkin (ELC). Demers, Goligoski, Oesterle, Hjalmarsson, Ness, and Gross are all UFA this summer. Why would any of them come back?

Then again, that's probably why they don't or won't want to trade him. He's clearly their number one D, both by performance and the fact he's actually signed.

Because they're rebuilding. He's 21 and has two more years on his ELC before his second contract. They also only have three defenders signed beyond next season — OEL, who wants out, Chychrun, and Lyubushkin (ELC). Demers, Goligoski, Oesterle, Hjalmarsson, Ness, and Gross are all UFA this summer. Why would any of them come back?
Good point. I agree with Keirik though, what sweetens the pot to get it done? Barron, Gauthier? I can't think of all of our unsigned prospects right now but one of them as well or a mid round pick.

Miller/Gauthier/4 or 5 round pick?

It's probably Miller and another D prospect — not some fringe fourth-liner.

Miller and Reunanen? Hajek, maybe? I feel like you can maybe sell them on "this guy is still young and just played 44 games for us.

That, or picks. They need as many of those as they can get right now anyway.

It's probably Miller and another D prospect — not some fringe fourth-liner.

Miller and Reunanen? Hajek, maybe? I feel like you can maybe sell them on "this guy is still young and just played 44 games for us.

That, or picks. They need as many of those as they can get right now anyway.

Maynbe we can sell them on Goat's Top 6 potent- nah forget it. We do have a D surplus, that's definitely where we should start.

30 goals in tjr last two years. I highly doubt they take Miller as a straight swap. They would want more and I'm not sure we need more extensive money in 4.6 tied up on d when we will already have to make some tougher decisions on d eventually.

4.6 is a great price for a legitimately good 2nd pairing, borderline 1st pairing LHD.

I know. This is, admittedly, entirely a fantasy machination. I'm just drooling at the idea of Chychrun-Fox.

Lindgren - Fox is already great. Chychrun - Trouba is a lot of muscle. I really dig the idea here.

I would try to keep Miller in this one though. Lindgren/Chychrun/Miller would be a really good left side.

Chytil/Jones/#15 for Chychrun. Then you sign a 3C.

Dvorak interests me too. Reasonable contract. Great faceoff man. Underlying numbers are a bit mixed, with a couple of great years and a couple of meh years.

I'd be all over this. I'm not sure if Arizona would be. Chychrun is a legitimate first pairing option and is the exact type of player the team is looking for. Getting him at his age on his current contract is a steal and gives you flexibility with the flat cap. The Rangers are going to add a defenseman from outside the current system anyway. I'd prefer it be some young stud on a good deal over an older player on a UFA deal.

I know. This is, admittedly, entirely a fantasy machination. I'm just drooling at the idea of Chychrun-Fox.

At first I was wondering "why Miller" and now I see where you're going....

Question: Do you see Miller evolving into Willie Huber?

4.6 is a great price for a legitimately good 2nd pairing, borderline 1st pairing LHD.

Yup. He's basically MCDonagh again.

Lindgren - Fox is already great. Chychrun - Trouba is a lot of muscle. I really dig the idea here.

I would try to keep Miller in this one though. Lindgren/Chychrun/Miller would be a really good left side.

Chytil/Jones/#15 for Chychrun. Then you sign a 3C.

Feels like it's too much, but it might not be. Basically the equivalent of an NHL player, first- and third-round picks.

Dvorak interests me too. Reasonable contract. Great faceoff man. Underlying numbers are a bit mixed, with a couple of great years and a couple of meh years.

At 3C? Incredible speed. Great penalty-killer. Injuries are the worry. Is his knee OK?