• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Jackets Could Battle Over Gallant

Phil

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop screwing around and hire him or someone. It's bad enough they still had Quinn around when Laviolette and Quenneville were available. Don't wait for the possibility of more coaches being available where there are good ones out there right now.

Good point. Teams risk the same thing with free agents sometimes, especially big ticket ones. As they wait, others get signed, which makes not landing the main target hurt even more.

It does feel like there's enough high quality options here to just wait though.

Good point. Teams risk the same thing with free agents sometimes, especially big ticket ones. As they wait, others get signed, which makes not landing the main target hurt even more.

Yes, that is fair.

I just feel like this is a name that gets kicked around here every year. Laviolette is fine but he failed pretty miserably this year. His teams declined in Nashville. I don't know why he's any more due to win than any of these other names.

Well Kuznetsov not being a regular didn't help. The team was carried by Backstrom, Ovi and Oshie. They weren't particularly deep and ran into a Boston team that has been dominant since they brought in Hall.

Just a fan of how his teams play and feel like he's run into some bad luck lately. He seems to get the best out of all types of players. Young, old, one dimensional, gritty, wimpy...

It's not like he's never won a cup. I totally forgot he won in Carolina.

His resume is certainly better than all available besides Torts.. LOL Why the fuck NOT Laviolette?

Yeahhhhh and no. What other jobs available top the Rangers gig? Who's picking Seattle over NY? I think the Rangers have the ball in their court this time around. Seems like they have already beaten most teams to the punch for interviews, with Gallant and Tocchet already strolling through. Did they interview anywhere else?

Maybe Edmonton is a destination that's appealing, but it may also be somewhere where nobody wants to go.. Its Edmonton..

I think everyone is actually waiting on the Rangers to make their hire.

Yeahhhhh and no. What other jobs available top the Rangers gig? Who's picking Seattle over NY? I think the Rangers have the ball in their court this time around. Seems like they have already beaten most teams to the punch for interviews, with Gallant and Tocchet already strolling through. Did they interview anywhere else?

Maybe Edmonton is a destination that's appealing, but it may also be somewhere where nobody wants to go.. Its Edmonton..

I think everyone is actually waiting on the Rangers to make their hire.

Someone who values not being undermined or meddled with, most likely. Oh, and probably someone who has relationship connections to the current SEA front office.

Rick Tocchet interviewed for the New York Rangers vacant coaching position today.

Also hearing that he will interview for the Buffalo Sabres' job on Thursday, and likely for the Columbus Blue Jackets' job at some point this week.

Someone who values not being undermined or meddled with, most likely. Oh, and probably someone who has relationship connections to the current SEA front office.

Soooo, that would beeeee, Brind'amour, Tocchet and Laviolette if he were fired as answers to your 2nd point. I'd think thev1st point is moot. What established coach is going to put up with meddling?

... Who's picking Seattle over NY?

Someone who values not being undermined or meddled with, most likely....

... What established coach is going to put up with meddling?

Obviously... The one who picks Seattle over NY doesn't want to put up with meddling. :banghead:

Columbus, Seattle, Buffalo, Phoenix, us, Florida ( if the rumor is true that Quenniville wants out) and Carlolina ( if Brind’amour decides not to re-sign).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If Quenneville wants out, that's the guy I really would like. I think we missed out on him the first time when we hired Quinn. I would go with:

1. Quenneville

2. Brind'amour

3. Tocchet

Any one of those 3 and I'll be a happy camper!

If Quenneville wants out, that's the guy I really would like. I think we missed out on him the first time when we hired Quinn. I would go with:

1. Quenneville

2. Brind'amour

3. Tocchet

Any one of those 3 and I'll be a happy camper!

Agreed the Rangers missed out on Quenneville.

I'd go:

Brind'Amour (most likely not leaving Carolina but the i's haven't been dotted yet, and t's haven't been crossed.....so they're is still a chance)

Quenneville

Gallant (article in the athletic swayed me)

Sullivan

True, but if he does decide to sit out the remainder of his contract that he won’t be in the league for 3 yrs., that’s why I said if I’m Florida I’d want compensation. You want him so much offer me something for him

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ok fine they can have howden.

Don’t think quenville is anything more than a pipe dream

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk