• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Jackets Could Battle Over Gallant

Phil

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got "the rangers don't know wtf they're doing" out of this quote?

Sounds like Jim Nill wanted the Stars to win the cup and the Rangers were years away from that (which, three years ago was true).

It was an old discussion. That's just the first link I found

https://theathletic.com/2602677/2021/05/24/former-rangers-on-the-state-of-the-rebuild-part-2-the-no-brainer-coach-to-hire-and-how-to-add-toughness/

I know Gerard Gallant. I know him personally. I know what he did in Vegas, and I know players who have played for him. He’s a players’ coach. But he will design his team based on what he knows is a proper balance. That’s going to be some toughness. He’s not a loud guy. He’s a likable guy. I think he’s good.

It should start and end with Gerard Gallant in my mind. I just love the way he coaches, from what I’ve seen. I think he’s been a victim of circumstances every time he’s gotten fired. Like in Florida, (general manager Tom Rowe) came in with all the analytics and stuff, and the way they fired him was a joke. I think in Vegas what he did with that young expansion team, a bunch of players that nobody else, in theory, really wanted …

Probably already in another thread.. But the Part II of the Carp article in The Athletic. Galant the choice for the group interviewed.

Yea I’m all aboard the Gallant train at this point. No other candidate really seems like a better choice. Gallant or Knoblauch (which I don’t see happening)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I see on twitter the same fans clamoring for DQ to get fired apparently not happy with the "boring" "inside the box" coaching options. Like, what did you expect? They went outside the box with Quinn and you wanted him fired. They fired the GM and President because they're not far enough along apparently. It would be truly moronic to fire DQ and then hire some nobody from Europe or another college coach. The window to win the cup opens next season. You bring in someone with experience. Period. I'm hoping Gallant is the choice as well (even though I love Torts more than anything)

https://theathletic.com/2602677/2021/05/24/former-rangers-on-the-state-of-the-rebuild-part-2-the-no-brainer-coach-to-hire-and-how-to-add-toughness/

Probably already in another thread.. But the Part II of the Carp article in The Athletic. Galant the choice for the group interviewed.

Well if he didn't get along with an analytics GM... How does he fit here? Drury is said to be leaning towards analytics..

Yea I’m all aboard the Gallant train at this point. No other candidate really seems like a better choice. Gallant or Knoblauch (which I don’t see happening)

Agreed. They need to stop sitting around and hire the guy before anyone else(Columbus) jumps in.

I know they want to see what happens with first round firings but IMO, the only one I would want from a first round firing is Sullivan from Pitt, which I don’t see happening anyway, even if they are bounced tomorrow. If it’s not him, then get Gallant and move forward.

Usually has well balanced teams. Gets the most out of everyone. Doesn't need a specific type of player to have success, meaning he doesn't require any special type of player.. Wins where ever he goes. Due to win a cup.

I just feel like this is a name that gets kicked around here every year. Laviolette is fine but he failed pretty miserably this year. His teams declined in Nashville. I don't know why he's any more due to win than any of these other names.

Stop screwing around and hire him or someone. It's bad enough they still had Quinn around when Laviolette and Quenneville were available. Don't wait for the possibility of more coaches being available where there are good ones out there right now.

why not? i dont get it