• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Phil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't touch Kuznetsov. Not with the constant flurry of mysterious off-ice issues and that contract. Let someone else fuck around and find out there. Pair him with Anisimov - when they score, they can do a Duck-Hunt style celebration.

I'm all in on bringing JT home if the Canucks need out.

• Like 1

Had even stronger connections with Quinn, but yeah. He's listed as a LW, too, though.

Could be easier to acquire according to this as well...

https://zonecoverage.com/2021/wild/now-is-the-time-to-trade-jordan-greenway/

This is also happening when the Wild are in the midst of another expansion pickle. Most have assumed that the Wild would protect eight skaters in the upcoming Seattle Expansion Draft. Greenway’s breakout has made that more complicated.

Should Minnesota protect eight skaters, they’d do so to keep Matt Dumba on their team and their top-4 defense intact. This would mean their protected forwards would likely include Zach Parise and Mats Zuccarello (whose no-move clauses protect them automatically), and likely Kevin Fiala and Joel Eriksson Ek.

This would forwards like Greenway, Marcus Foligno, Nico Sturm, and Ryan Hartman exposed. The Athletic’s Michael Russo has hinted that Minnesota could decide to protect seven forwards, and expose Dumba, perhaps hoping to get his $6 million cap hit off the books.

Minnesota’s strength in recent seasons has been their blue line, and Dumba has been a massive part of that. He and his defensive partner Jonas Brodin have controlled 57.7% of the expected goal share at 5-on-5, the best on Minnesota by a fair margin. Dumba’s improved his defense, and while his offense isn’t where it was two or three years ago, he’s still scoring at a 14-goal 82-game pace. He’s clearly a top-pairing-caliber defenseman.

That’s significantly more valuable to the Wild than the would-be exposed forwards, who are all but locked into Minnesota’s bottom-6. Unless the cap situation is truly untenable, it makes little sense to let Dumba go, particularly for nothing.

If Guerin decides to keep his defense intact, trading Greenway now can help get ahead of the expansion crunch. If Greenway can return a high draft pick or top prospect, those problems largely disappear. Is Seattle itching to draft a 30-year-old third-liner in Foligno? It’s possible, but even if that happens, that beats losing a 27-year-old top-pairing defenseman, and again, more forwards are on the way.

Do you see Kuznetsov as your 1C for the next 4 seasons?

If we have criticism with Zibanejad-Strome, the only way you feel better is if its Kuznetsov-Zibanejad down the middle. Meaning Kuzzie needs to be over a point per game, and a legit top C in the league.Zib can play more of a shut-down guy and still produce.

As it is now, I dont think he's much of an upgrade over the younger, cheaper, more consistent (since being a Ranger) Strome.

2 positive Covid tests and the 'party' allegations suggest a maturity issue. Sometimes a change in scenery can fix, but generally only gets fixed with a strong locker room with solid leadership - someone that will step up and say get your ass in line. The fact that the Rangers can't even find a captain suggests that this isn't the locker room to lay down the law, but a locker room to enable individual behavior to continue.
  • Like 1

2 positive Covid tests and the 'party' allegations suggest a maturity issue. Sometimes a change in scenery can fix, but generally only gets fixed with a strong locker room with solid leadership - someone that will step up and say get your ass in line. The fact that the Rangers can't even find a captain suggests that this isn't the locker room to lay down the law, but a locker room to enable individual behavior to continue.

This is very true. The more we talk about it, the less I like it.

Well, my only question was gonna be "how's the coke in NY" so since you addressed that I'm sold.

The Diet stuff is cheaper! :rofl:

You had me at ROR.

I just don't see him leaving St. Louis, Phil. I would love him being here too!!

If J.T. Miller is truly on the outs in Vancouver then he should be their guy. Two more years left at $5.25M. He can fill in at center or wing depending on what they need. He's taken faceoffs in Vancouver and then slid back to the wing after, he could do the same here as a RW for Panarin and Strome. Chytil+ for him.
This.

Miller never should have been moved. One of Gorton's huge blunders.

This.

Miller never should have been moved. One of Gorton's huge blunders.

While you’re probably right, in Gorton’s defense Miller was no where nearly as good here as he ended up being in Vancouver.

But if anything that should be a lesson when talking about guys like Chytil kakko and laf etc…. Sometimes it just takes a few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Someone here said( I apologize I don’t remember who) in another forum Jordan Staal. He physical, great at draws and has like 2 yrs and 6 mil. per on his contract.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mentioned him last year/last offseason. Unfortunately, he had a good bounce back season, and being their captain, I dont see him being moved. They have cap issues, but have Dmen they can ditch.