• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Phil

I'm thinking Sean Monahan from Calgary. He's dropped off the last couple of seasons but putting him next to Panarin could easily get him to a PPG center in his prime years (27 yr old).

Why? I'd rather have Strome. They're basically the same player, anyway, so why are we making a lateral move for a devil we don't know?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I'd rather have Strome. They're basically the same player, anyway, so why are we making a lateral move for a devil we don't know?

This,

probably a different tune if he didnt suck so bad the last 2 seasons. Or... in reality, he had 1 good season, and this is him.

He's 6'2" and much better defensively than Strome. Can win faceoffs and is someone who's much harder to play against then Strome. He's had a couple of down seasons but nothing like Edmonton Strome. No way it's lateral. Monahan would put Strome in his rightful 3rd line center position and make the Rangers depth, especially down the middle, where it needs to be.

He’s not better defensively. He barely killed penalties.

He’s not harder to play against, that’s the biggest knock against him. That and his inconsistent play, which the Rangers don’t need.

He’s not a better leader

I’d do 2nd + Blackwell if flames retain half.

But again, he’s not checking any boxes. It’s “shuffling chairs”

He's 6'2" and much better defensively than Strome. Can win faceoffs and is someone who's much harder to play against then Strome. He's had a couple of down seasons but nothing like Edmonton Strome. No way it's lateral. Monahan would put Strome in his rightful 3rd line center position and make the Rangers depth, especially down the middle, where it needs to be.

So, being "much better defensively" than Strome is worth $2 million more with an extra year and 26 fewer points per year?

I don't see how he's "much harder to play against" than Strome, either. One of the biggest criticisms of him from Flames fans is that he's not physical.

I just don't see it.