• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If They Fire Quinn, When?

if Panarin thought Torts was the answer he never would’ve left Columbus. and it’s not like we all don’t know Torts will absolutely train wreck the morale of the young talent on this team. also I’m done doing shots at his press conferences. my liver can’t take it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]if Panarin thought Torts was the answer he never would’ve left Columbus. [/b]and it’s not like we all don’t know Torts will absolutely train wreck the morale of the young talent on this team. also I’m done doing shots at his press conferences. my liver can’t take it anymore.

There are lots of reasons to choose NYC over Columbus that have nothing to do with believing or not believing in the head coach. He chose NYC because it fit where he wanted to spend 7 years of the prime of his life.

if Panarin thought Torts was the answer he never would’ve left Columbus. and it’s not like we all don’t know Torts will absolutely train wreck the morale of the young talent on this team. also I’m done doing shots at his press conferences. my liver can’t take it anymore.

Or he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to not live in Ohio and would rather live in New York City, playing under an iconic roof every night? Couldn't be.

You know who knows how to win hockey games with shitty teams and skilled teams? John fucking tortorella that’s who. If I’m the Rangers I’m picking up the phone, tomorrow, because if we learned anything this season it’s that this team needs someone to teach it how to win close hockey games consistently. Anyone know a better coach in the league at that with a proven track record who is readily available?

The following CBJ players who were just kids at some point when Torts was coach never seemed to have a problem thriving under him:

Seth Jones

Zach Werenski

Pierre Luc Dubois (he just wanted out, period, never blamed Torts AFAIK)

Josh Anderson

Oliver Bjorkstrand

Boone Jenner

Brandon Saad

You know what? When that letter came out I had a strange thought: the Rangers are the NHLs most important franchise. They’re the biggest money maker. They’re the most valuable. The biggest fan base...

They’re fucking BIGGER than the NHL. To dunk on the league and say, that specific guy needs to be fired is kinda balsy. If the Rangers decided not to play ball on something the NHL could have their backs against the wall.

Why don’t they have this feeling? We’re the ManU of the NHL. We should have the best god damn coach. And these players should feel like they’re playing for the best franchise. They should be arrogant about it.

This isn’t specifically about torts but torts made sure players and media didn’t walk on the logo. I’ll never forget that. That’s the kind of shit that needs to happen again.

• Like 1

You know what? When that letter came out I had a strange thought: the Rangers are the NHLs most important franchise. They’re the biggest money maker. They’re the most valuable. The biggest fan base...

They’re fucking BIGGER than the NHL. To dunk on the league and say, that specific guy needs to be fired is kinda balsy. If the Rangers decided not to play ball on something the NHL could have their backs against the wall.

Why don’t they have this feeling? We’re the ManU of the NHL. We should have the best god damn coach. And these players should feel like they’re playing for the best franchise. They should be arrogant about it.

This isn’t specifically about torts but torts made sure players and media didn’t walk on the logo. I’ll never forget that. That’s the kind of shit that needs to happen again.

Amen!

I previously thought there was an 80% chance he would be fired, but I'm going to scale that back to 60%. There is going to be a lot of upheaval as it is, which may include trading players popular with their mates like Strome and Buch, so Drury might not want to add a coaching change to that, depending on what his sense is about how he players feel about DQ. In any event, the notion that DQ may have been the right man for Phase 1 of the rebuild but not Phase 2 has sufficient resonance to keep the chances of him being dispatched at over 50%, after the pulse of the team is gauged at breakup.

The players have been complementary of DQ.

I guess that doesn’t mean much but it’s def not the scene that’s currently happening in Buffalo and Columbus.

of they are, he's still their coach. Not going to throw him under the bus. plus, player rarely speak negatively about other players/staff

of they are, he's still their coach. Not going to throw him under the bus. plus, player rarely speak negatively about other players/staff
Where was this insight when we were talking about Trouba and ADA?

At this point I would be very surprised if they unload Quinn, G.

I think he's "Drury's guy", so to speak....but if history's taught us anything, it's that anything's possible.

One thing for sure, if Quenneville becomes available, I'm 100% on board getting him.

A week ago, what kind of odds would you have put on JD and Gorton being fired and DQ staying?

It still makes absolutely no sense, lol. Elliot Freidman said Gorton had a legit offer to Buffalo for Eichel at the beginning of the year that Buffalo seriously considered but decided the timing was wrong. Would that have saved his job? It's not like these guys were sitting around with their thumbs in their ass. I'm not sure what Dolan expected.

Quinn had Drury's fingerprints all over it when he was hired. I really believe Drury is going to give him another chance here. It's the first move of consequence for Drury, so it's not make or break getting it right but if he's firing him come November, that would not be a good start for Drury and he quickly would be sitting on the hot seat. If he brings in an established coach he lessens that responsibility and he's not firing "his coach" so early. Basically he can fire Quinn right now with zero implications to himself. He waits until November then Quinn is on him.