• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If They Fire Quinn, When?

I find it hard to believe Eichel isn’t consulting the best of the best, while Buffalo’s reticence comes from artificial disc replacement lacking evidence of its effectiveness on elite-level athletes. It’s a relatively new phenomenon. As far as I could find, there are no examples of NHLers who returned to play after having one.

Mixed martial artist Chris Weidman announced he underwent this procedure in Jan. 2019, and proclaimed it a success. He’s fought three times since then, suffering an unrelated injury three weeks ago

A bit concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn’t a situation where I dislike Quinn. I do like him, and I do believe he can coach at this level. For sure, wherever he next lands and whenever he does go, he’ll learn from this experience.

That being said, I just believe it is time for a change behind the bench. If the mandate is to win, I think a veteran coach who has more experience winning can certainly be of value to this group. And if you don’t do this now and start off slow next season, than this whispers and the murmurs turn into full blown screams for his head. And that can be something that turns into a major league distraction.

My opinion is to just do it now, rip the band aid off and you have a good crop of candidates (that will likely grow with other firings, etc.) to choose from that may not all be available if you wait and you do have a slow start and decide to make changes around Thanksgiving, for example.