• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shake Up Coming After No Show

Capt

Unless you believe as I do that Scotty Bowman's can of turd polish isn't even big enough to get water out of this rock as it's configured today. Can Quinn that's fine and they will still be a finesse team that's absurdly easy to play against when the games tighten up. There needs to be way more done in addition to shuffling Quinn out the door, I believe it's false hope to think that move makes them a different team by default changing their entire personality.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, back in the old Nordiques' days.

Then we ended up getting this Messier guy.....which I NEVER thought would happen!

The Sakic offer sheet was actually in the summer of 1997, after Mess signed with the Canucks. The Avs were able to match almost entirely because Air Force One did so well at the box office.

You trade one or the other, not both. The one that remains centers your scoring line flanked by Panarin. The guy you bring in is your matchup center. The guy playing opposite, Barzal, Crosby, Ovi, Laine, Bergeron, Eichel, etc. That guy doesn't have to score a point per game. He needs to break even on most nights playing against the best players in the league. His line does that the Rangers will win a ton of games.

Mehhh. Ideally your match up guy is your 3rd line center. Which could be solved by bringing in Krejci as a UFA, as someone has mentioned. BUT,

you then take away a spot for Chytil and your top six still remains weak/wimpy.

I think an issue is figuring out how to trade Chytil AND a young Dman AND one of Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravstov or Buchnevich. And for what? Would a package of these assets alone nab the Rangers Tkachuk from Calgary? Half of that for Eichel? On top of that, what do you do with Zibanejad?

Somewhat realisticly (I say this in thinking the Rangers, aren't exactly ready to decide on Zib and Strome or really anything), I'd love to keep Zibanejad and move him to wing, AND get Eichel or an upgrade for the top line, while keeping Strome for a year and evaluate him and others at the end of the season. Obviously the risk is losing Strome and or Zibanejad to free agency the following year as they can't afford both. They can deal one mid season, or just walk away from them in free agency. I think the Rangers have already gotten their worth out of them as they clearly won those trades. At this point the Rangers aren't likely to get value for either after such a weird season. Their optimal value would likely be as rentals at the deadline. They aren't shipping either for a top nine upgrade. It's going to cost them a package of their "NHL ready youngsters " .

To have this roster for a season it may be worth it.

Lafreniere/Kreider- Eichel- Zibanejad

Panarin- Strome- Buch/Kravstov/Kakko

Kreider/Lafreniere- Krejci- Buch/Kravstov Kakko

Rooney- Barron- FA grit

D pairings would all depend on who goes in trade for Eichel or top line center.

Sorry for spitballing . I haven't looked much into the future to see which kids may be due significant raises, which may squash all of this nonsense

Basically .....That's Messier! ;)

It's Messier, Ted Lindsay...that's about it.

Of course, you can make a few changes and get elements from multiple players, but there's not a magic bullet player out there.

Not Gordie Howe LOL?